Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

difference between ResMeds ASV Machines
difference between ResMeds ASV Machines
Getting new machine next month, after ASV tritation study. Does anyone know the difference or which machine would be the better option between ResMeds Aircurve 10 CS-A and the Aircurve 10 CS Pacewave?

Thanks,
ApneaGuy

P.S. I want more of that..... Ya that... SLEEP!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: difference between ResMeds ASV Machines
All set was able to find a great thread on this forum by vsheline. This helped explain a lot......
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: difference between ResMeds ASV Machines
(02-19-2015, 11:09 PM)apneaguy Wrote: Getting new machine next month, after ASV tritation study. Does anyone know the difference or which machine would be the better option between ResMeds Aircurve 10 CS-A and the Aircurve 10 CS Pacewave?

Hi apneaguy, welcome to Apnea Board.

I think the AirCurve 10 CS Pacewave is a non-USA model which is similar to the USA model AirCurve 10 ASV. I am not aware of any real difference between these two models, other than intended country of use. (Different countries will require different cellular modem types or frequencies.)

I am not familiar with the AirCurve 10 CS-A model. I would suppose it will function similar to the S9 VPAP ST-A with iVAPS (intelligent Volume-Assured Pressure Support).

Below is a link to the ResMed detailed brochure explaining ST-A iVAPS therapy mode:

http://www.resmed.com/content/dam/resmed...er_eng.pdf

The S9 VPAP ST-A is similar to an ASV machine operating in standard ResMed ASV mode (standard ResMed ASV mode has fixed manually-set EPAP), with the difference being that in ResMed ASV mode when a central apnea starts the Pressure Support will automatically self-adjust as high as needed in order to maintain 90% of the patient's own recent Minute Volume (the total volume of air breathed in one minute) but in ST-A iVAPS mode when a central apnea starts the Pressure Support will automatically self-adjust itself as needed in order to maintain a manually-set target Tidal Volume (the average volume of air breathed in or out, each breath) and a respiration rate of 15 breaths per minute.

In ResMed ST-A iVAPS mode, EPAP is manually-adjusted and does not auto-adjust in order to minimize obstructive events, unlike the ResMed ASVAuto, standard bi-level Auto or AutoSet modes.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 250 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Difference between Vauto and S modes PeaceLoveAndPizza 9 1,061 02-20-2024, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 499 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 596 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.