Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

do doctors hide us important things about apnea ?
do doctors hide us important things about apnea ?
hello. I have diagnosed apnea for over a year now.
I had it untreated for much longer. As I also had anxiety issued, my life was like sh*t. I could not function. I thought it was all due to my insomnia, which I still have.
When I went to the sleep unit, they gave me a brochure (I thought they were goint too see my nightmares in the sleep unit) and I found that apnea , what the hell was that=???
I didnt think it was a severe condition at first.
Some people in my family were even happy saying now you have the reason for your problems.

Prior to this, I even went to a neurologist several times TELLING HER all the book apnea symptoms and she never guessed, she thought I had parkinson.

In the sleep unit, the information has been about ZERO, FIVE minutes to give me  a resmed 10  and they told me to set it at 6, just for no reason at all and with no study.

I feel they didnt give me any information about anything, cleaning the mask, the tube and so on.

they didnt tell me the meds I was having were bad for the apnea and yet I need to have them.

I have also found that many apnea users have LOW VIT D LEVELS any relation you can find???

I went to a private hospital where they told me to set 10 pressure.

I asked for a bipap in the public hospital and I had to cry telling about my son because they didnt want to change it.

I have continual vivid dreams and nobody tells me the cause. I think it is the apnea itself even if I have less tan one,,,,but the cpap is after all a new invention,,,is it safe??

what about the electronical mobile vibrations (contamination) when we sleep beside it? I mean electromagnetic problems withe the machine sending data. It worries me.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: do doctors hide us important things about apnea ?
I think the basic problem is likely just poor sleep and waking up frequently, probably due to apnea. We all dream, but we only know about or remember ones that we wake up in the middle of the dream. Lots of dreams, good or bad, are just an indicator of sleep quality. 

When you shut your A10 off (which is a good machine by the way), it should display an AHI number which is the total number of apnea events per hour that you had during that night of sleep. What range of AHI values are you getting?

This said, we can't really help you much until you can capture some data in SleepyHead and display it here. See my signature area for help on how to do that. 

To get more information on your ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet machine go right to near the bottom of this link for instructions on how to request a Clinical Guide for you machine. It is much more detailed than the owner's manual which I assume you have already. If not google it and you should find an owners manual download quite easily. The Clinical Guide is harder to get, and I would suggest using the method here or requresting it by e-mail.

Requesting Clinical Manual
Post Reply Post Reply
hello Ron Aka.
I can see my ahis by pressing 2 buttons (home and other) and last night I had 1.1, which is more than usual by the way.
I am going to try and see if I can see this sleepy thing but I am very bad with computers.
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2018, 10:22 AM)Eleonoro Wrote: hello Ron Aka.
I can see my ahis by pressing 2 buttons (home and other) and last night I had 1.1, which is more than usual by the way.
I am going to try and see if I can see this sleepy thing but I am very bad with computers.
Thank you

An AHI of 1.1 is pretty good. However, if you can post some SleepyHead screen captures of the Daily Detail perhaps some improvements can be suggested.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am gping to try this sleepy head thing. I will tell further. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2018, 09:37 AM)Eleonoro Wrote: I have also found that many apnea users have LOW VIT D LEVELS any relation you can find???

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...a-patients

Also, it will help if you stay to one thread so that your info/history is all together.

There are other threads that talk about vitamin D. If you click on the "search" link in the dark band (top of each page), it is just to the left of the "help" link.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2018, 09:23 AM)Eleonoro Wrote:
(06-18-2013, 07:37 PM)archangleçççHello. You mean you can have the cpap and have the terrible nightmares. SOmeone asked me to see my ahis. According to the resmed 10 I barely have. (if I trust it, i dont know if its good or bad and it is what i see on the machine itself). But my dream is very bad with vivid dreams. I also had a dream monitor in a private hospital with bipap and even my apneas were zero, my dream efficiency was real bad. Wrote: I believe I had my CPAP set wrong in the past.  Once I got it right, I've tinkered with it and gotten it adjusted a bit better.

I would sometimes have panicky, sudden wakening dreams.  They seem to have been much worse when my CPAP was badly misadjusted and got less and less as I adjusted it better.  Sometimes they were suffocation or claustrophobia related dreams.  

I'm firmly convinced that some of the bad dreams I had in the past were caused by apnea when I didn't have my  CPAP set right.  I even find that I have fewer of this particular panicky type dream with abrupt wakening when I increase my minimum pressure a bit above where my AHI essentially goes to zero.  

However, on the other hand, many apneas find out that they do dream more vividly or at least remember their dreams more vividly.  This seems to be true both for good and for bad dreams.

If you have a good CPAP machine with data collection, you can check your data and see if you were having breathing problems just before you woke up.

Just found this reply in a different (old) thread and am bringing it here to give it more visibility.

Treatment delivered by the CPAP machine may cause someone to feel as though they are not getting enough air (and this is fixable). It is certainly the case that your brain can pick up on this sensation and it can become part of your dreams. It can also trigger a person to relive traumatic events involving suffocation or whatever.

However you mentioned that you were having vivid dreams before starting CPAP, and that is what caused you to seek treatment. Or am I misunderstanding?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2018, 09:37 AM)Eleonoro Wrote: but the cpap is after all a new invention,,,is it safe??

what about the electronical mobile vibrations (contamination) when we sleep beside it? I mean electromagnetic problems withe the machine sending data. It worries me.

I'll let the others respond in more detail to the rest of what you wrote.  I do think, though, that ultimately most doctors don't know much about sleep apnea.

The CPAP - is it safe?  I think yes.  It's the gold standard for treating sleep apnea.  My body is much healthier now that I'm not choking and not-breathing while I'm sleeping. 

I'm well-researched, and unfortunately well-experienced, with regard to electromagnetic issues (EMF exposure and symptoms).  I do not sleep well (nor live well) when exposed to EMFs.  So I removed the modem from my CPAP, and put the CPAP on Airplane Mode.  I have no trouble at all with it!
Post Reply Post Reply
OI am also concerned about EMFs, I did put the machine on Airplane Mode, but I did not think of removing the modem. Would you be able rob inform me how to do that for a Resmed Airsense 10?

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello. Yes i had vivid dreams before using cpap and they continue the same

So you think sleeping beside it gives you electromagnetic issues. ? Is it enough with air plane setting? 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,421 10 hours ago
Last Post: btreger
Sad 7 Years of Pap Therapy and Still Utterly Fatigued. Top doctors Unhelpful kalensk 1 116 04-11-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 59 1,301 04-01-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 770 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 727 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AHI vs Desaturation -which is more important? vwboop 1 177 03-08-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 726 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.