Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

do you use PAP while taking a siesta?
do you use PAP while taking a siesta?
I don,t usually nap but today felt a bit sleepy after mid-day
hooked up the mask and slept for an hour ... felt really refreshed afterwards ... otherwise would feel groggy without PAP

[Image: 220px-La_migdiada.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: do you use PAP while taking a siesta?
If it's a planned nap, I'll don the headgear; however, the unplanned catnaps are sans equipment. Thinking-about
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I try not to sleep during the day but if I need a nap, I'll use my machine. Sometimes, I'll nod off in my recliner and then I don't use it but I try to avoid that like the plague. I get up and move around so that doesn't happen.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I got so used to not being able to nap that I don't anymore. Unless I am sick, I stay awake.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
No PAP, no nap.

Actually, I do occasionally lay down on the bed without CPAP and nap a bit. I could probably almost do without CPAP if I slept on the bed on my side.

I usually sleep and nap in the recliner, and probably would never fall asleep without the CPAP because I'd be choking. I'm so used to putting it on, that if I did doze off, my hands would probably automatically don the mask without any conscious thought on my part.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Same here: no PAP no nap... with one exception and that's if I'm driving a longer distance and I get sleepy, I will pull over at a truck stop or something and take a CPAP-less nap for maybe 10 minutes or so. Don't need to set an alarm clock, as my sleep apnea snorting and chortling usually wakes me up in 10 minutes or so anyway. Thinking-about

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I never nap without my CPAP machine.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I actually took a nap today, about an hour after I said I never nap. Funny. And yes, I used my CPAP.

I used to hate taking naps because I always woke up with my heart racing like mad. Even now, with the CPAP, I still wake up feeling the same after a nap. Not in the morning, though. Every once in a while, I'll wake up at some point during the night with the fast heart.

I'm an odd bean.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I rarely nap any more, but IF I do, I don't use the machine - I know I should but half the time I am laying on the couch and doze off. I don't sleep for long, 10-15 mins, but as I said, rarely do it now.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a really comfortable recliner that usually gets me for 30 minutes or so. I normally do not have a problem because I am setting up. The last time I took a nap laying flat it was a disaster when I woke up. I was down for 45 minutes. When I woke up I felt really terrible with a killer headache. It took me three hours to get over this. It had to be a lack of oxygen that caused this.
If I am laying flat the Darth Vader machine is attached.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Taking a sleep test while on CPAP? hydra 4 353 02-21-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Taking Home sleep test with snore guard HenryECole81 2 701 10-27-2023, 08:01 AM
Last Post: eok361
Ohmy [CPAP] Doc taking forever to give me new CPAP settings or BiPAP Apnea45 22 3,374 08-23-2023, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Apnea45
  [CPAP] Taking a look at my chart :) hbvlr 1 450 07-13-2023, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New user keep taking off mask while sleeping hexlabsnick 4 606 06-18-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: hexlabsnick

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.