Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

doctor recommendations for Washington DC area?
doctor recommendations?
Hi Guys,

Is there a place on this website to look for recommended doctors in different parts of the country?  I couldn't find anything.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: doctor recommendations?
Good idea but the short answer is, "No". It seems like a good idea but it probably wouldn't work in reality due to having to constantly monitor all changes and additions. For now the best option is to create a thread asking about your area.

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's an article about finding a doctor with links to different resources. https://www.consumerreports.org/doctors/...od-doctor/
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I just saw this.  I'll post a new thread.  I didn't have email subscriptions for this thread on.
Post Reply Post Reply
doctor recommendations for Washington DC area?
Hi,
I've been having trouble finding a good apnea doctor in the Washington DC area.  I went to one ENT that recommended turbinate reduction (only option he recommended).  I went to a cardio doc and they did a home study study with negative results, but I was still waking up gasping so I went to another ENT and they did a PSG (sleep lab study) and found my AHI was < 5 (this was last year).  So insurance wouldn't cover anything and he gave me sleeping pills.  They retested me this year and my AHI was 27.  The ENT didn't seem to be very experienced with this, they talked about oral appliances that dentists could do that would permanently move my jaw forward (he looked down my throat and saw that my soft palate was compressing my larxynx and when I moved my jaw forward, it opened up more).  Ideas? Recommendations?  I am trying to get a CPAP titration sleep study done, but I would rather find a better doctor.  Should they talk to me about types of machines before the titration study?  They didn't give me any information.  Last year in my desperation, I bought a machine (dreamstation) but it was really hard to sleep with, and I was waking up with my ears clogged.  Personally, I would prefer an oral appliance or surgery since I travel and camp/sleep outdoors and the CPAP machine is not really feasible for my lifestyle.  But I guess I would prefer a 4th opinion lol.. (why is this so hard?)

Thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: doctor recommendations for Washington DC area?
Odoyle, I merged your two threads together as they are basically the same.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,219 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,720 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,335 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Recommendations to optimize settings roost 8 624 03-06-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: roost
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 525 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.