Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

does anyone have info on how AFIB or PVCs affect readings
(10-15-2015, 01:23 PM)HogWildnTN Wrote: I would think that you should concentrate on the heart issues ie afib &/or pvc's first and foremost. If you're having enough pvc's that are affecting other systems then you're looking at going into VT (ventricular tachycardia) anyway, then sleep apnea is the least of your problems.

PVC's don't increase risk for heart disease that much. I've had them for fifty years now, off and on, and my ticker is still going. Afib increases risk for strokes. PVC's don't occur unless the Sinus node is in at least decent shape, or so I seem to remember reading.

In any case CPAP therapy lowers your risk for cardiovascular events if you have sleep apnea, and untreated apnea definitely increases that risk and is an independent risk factor. If you have heart problems and sleep apnea you need to treat them BOTH. There's nothing preventing you from seeing a sleep doctor and a cardiologist at about the same time.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Your brain is not the boss.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cause of afib? jerry1967 6 251 Yesterday, 09:20 AM
Last Post: I_will_never_sleep_again
  My ongoing issues - Night sweats and AFIB - SleepyHead chart attached MyronH 17 244 10-18-2017, 09:51 PM
Last Post: MyronH
  Advise a New Guy [on high pressure readings] zzzZorro 55 3,076 10-17-2017, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Readings (AHI) confusedcpap 3 134 10-06-2017, 01:35 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Could use some knowledgeable info Murf 8 215 09-18-2017, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Are there standard fluctuations in AHI readings? peteetah 39 1,073 09-12-2017, 11:03 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Breathing Events Affect Sleep Onset Unison 9 302 09-10-2017, 02:55 AM
Last Post: SnoringInOregon