Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

downloaded update now Oscar won't open
downloaded update now Oscar won't open
Earlier today I was able to open the older version of OSCAR on my Windows 10 64bit computer.  After downloading and installing the latest version OSCAR initializes but once that's done the window closes.   There are no error messages, it just closes.

I ran the Windows 10 compatibility checker and it gives a "Not Compatible" message.  I've tried uninstalling the latest version and reinstalling it but that didn't help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: downloaded update now Oscar won't open
If you have an antivirus software, turn it off and then try installing OSCAR. If that doesn't correct the problem, hold down the shift key when starting OSCAR. Only try this step one time.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks but no joy. Uninstalled Oscar, deleted the Oscar team from the registry, rebooted the computer and reinstalled Oscar. It's doing the same thing where as soon as the "loading profile" step is completed Oscar shuts down. I tried it holding down the shift key and Oscar kept the loading profile open for maybe 30 seconds and then shut down. The previous version of Oscar worked fine and what's weird about it is my spouse also installed the latest version on their computer, which is the same as my computer, and Oscar works fine on their computer. What the heck???
Post Reply Post Reply
I entered my response to Crimson Nape via the "quick reply" but now I'm not sure if the quick reply is for the message that was posted originally or if it is for the last post in the thread.  Should I have clicked on "Reply" that's part of Crimson Nape's response or what? 

Bottom line is we still can't get OSCAR to run on one of our computers.  We both have sleep apnea and we want our results kept on separate computers.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I had forgotten about the default "Quick Replay".  Since you can't do formatting or insert anything, I turned mine off so long ago, that I forgot it existed.  The Reply and Quick Reply are not tied to any specific post.  They are only tied to the thread that you're currently in.  The "Reply with Quote" is tied to a particular post, because it will copy that post into your reply.  This feature should only be used when it would be VERY difficult for the reader to logically connect your response to another's post, then edit out everything except what you are replying to.  

Now, let's get back to your problem. . .  Windows 10 recently went through some updates that seem to have increased security (aka: broken) in its system.  I understand a newer update has eliminated some of this.  (My thought: It's pretty bad to require an update to fix an update!)

To keep things simple, let's try the following in the order listed.
  1. Reboot your computer.
  2. Create a new user.
  3. Change Account Type to Administrator.
  4. Login in to this new account.
  5. Try installing OSCAR.
  6. Provide feedback here on its install status.
An optional step that may be preformed at any or all steps above, is to have another cup of coffee. . .  Smile

The above should give us a clue if your problem is with your account or your system.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not able to open Oscar on a Window 10 machine John70 2 79 06-19-2022, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  macOS will not open OSCAR ? jrolli1509 1 123 06-01-2022, 01:46 PM
  Oscar will not open correctly Tuneyo 6 276 03-29-2022, 03:59 AM
Last Post: Tuneyo
  Installing Oscar v 1.3.0 in a different C drive folder from version Oscar 1.2.0. rumtap 7 543 03-15-2022, 05:51 PM
  OSCAR - will not open gjstein 3 289 01-13-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Can't see my data after Oscar update Melman 6 265 12-16-2021, 05:38 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Can't open new version of OSCAR.... Fatdeluxe 3 380 12-05-2021, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Fatdeluxe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.