Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

dr ordered autoset, came home with escape auto
dr ordered autoset, came home with escape auto
Title says it all. Dr ordered "resmed s9 autoset with h5i humidifier" and I came home yesterday with the escape auto. I didn't realize it until this morning when I popped the sd card into my pc and noticed most of the data I was expecting wasn't there. Do you think I will be able to exchange it or am I stuck with this? I don't think they should be allowed to substitute prescriptions right?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: dr ordered autoset, came home with escape auto
(07-06-2014, 09:40 PM)bowf Wrote: Do you think I will be able to exchange it or am I stuck with this? I don't think they should be allowed to substitute prescriptions right?

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm not 100% sure but it is my opinion you do not have to be stuck with this if you take some action.

I would call the doc and tell him/her what has happened. I would also check to see if the Rx was written with a, "dispense as written" order. It is my understanding that the DME's have to provide exactly what the Rx states if it is written that way. If it was not written this way, ask the doc to do this for you and state exactly the machine you want.

Don't let them get over on you; they love to hand out bricks or the less expensive items when they can get away with it!

Good luck!
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures....
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bowf,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Let your dr. know what has happened. If the doc prescribed an S9Autoset, that's the one you should have.
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you with getting your machine situation straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2014, 09:40 PM)bowf Wrote: Title says it all. Dr ordered "resmed s9 autoset with h5i humidifier" and I came home yesterday with the escape auto. I didn't realize it until this morning when I popped the sd card into my pc and noticed most of the data I was expecting wasn't there. Do you think I will be able to exchange it or am I stuck with this? I don't think they should be allowed to substitute prescriptions right?

Right. And don't ask if you can return it. Just do it. Tell them it's not the machine you ordered and you don't want it.

If you have to, get a copy of your prescription and take it to a different equipment supplier and get what you ordered.

They are not in charge, you are. It's your money and your health.

Hopefully they'll cooperate and let you switch. Ask for the heated hose, too.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The first thing is to make absolutely sure that the prescription says S9 AutoSet and not just S9 Auto. Technically the Escape Auto is an S9 Auto.

Having said all that, you should really press for them to give you the AutoSet no matter what the script says.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 101 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 115 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 65 5,920 03-19-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? sweetbobby 14 452 03-08-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  REM and Sleep Stage Tracking at Home rwelliot 15 5,329 02-26-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: DebJ
  Home Sleep apnea test xaid 5 868 02-21-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: BDayton

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.