Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

dragon800 - Therapy Questions
dragon800 - Therapy Questions
Hello, I'm 36 and I've had left chest and arm pain for years which could never be diagnosed I think because I'm young so the doctors didn't take it seriously. Finally, I got to take a stress test and the pressure on one side of my heart is at 70 whatever that means and they said it's possibly due to sleep apnea. It took months but I finally got a ResMed AirSense 10. I'm still having chest pains and fatigue so now I'm trying to get help with what the issue is. I also have neuropathy where my feet are completely numb and now my hands are starting to go the same way it's terrifying and I don't know if this could be a cause of the apneas. Ive been watching CPAP Reviews on youtube and I think I have what's called Cheyne-Stokes breathing. The place that gave me my CPAP doesn't keep in contact and hasn't said a word about my data I sent them weeks ago so I'm hoping to get help here. I'm not sure how to upload data here but I have a SleepHQ account so I could show screenshots until I figure it out here if that will work. I'd be really greatful for any advice![url=https://www.sleepfoundation.org/sleep-apnea/cheyne-stokes-respirations][/url]

this is why I think i might have the Cheyne-Stokes breathing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hello I think I have Cheyne-Stokes breathing
Here's a pic of the overview of the night that corresponds with the other picture I posted. If there is other info I need to post let me know I'm new to all of this so apologies if I'm not giving enough/correct info.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
What are you using to report this data? Your profile states you are not using any software. I, for one, don't recognize its format.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OP’s data is from SleepHQ.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I've never looked at SleepHQ stuff.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, dragon800. Can you post a link to one of your SleepHQ charts? That would enable us to see everything on the chart and do some zooming in and out.

Neuropathy doesn't cause apnea. Lots of information here about possible causes of neuropathy:

https://www.ninds.nih.gov/health-informa...neuropathy

It sounds as though your doctor didn't communicate very well with you about what the results of your stress test mean. Please ask follow-up questions!

Also, has your doctor done a panel of tests yet to get some further clues about what's going on? There's good information via the link above as to what some of those tests should be.

You mention feeling fatigue. Some people mean "sleepiness" when they use that word; is that what you mean? Another meaning is that you aren't especially sleepy but find it difficult to summon the energy to do normal things. The fatigue of flu is an example. It is important for you to tell your doctor what you mean by saying you have fatigue.
Post Reply Post Reply
it wont let me post links until i have 4 posts so ill have to make a few more first.

for fatigue I mean i have little energy and feel weak. Ive felt this way for years and have had a really hard time getting any help. about 6 months ago I finally got my doctor to get concerned about my chest pain and she sent me to the stress test. as for mty original sleep test nobody has told me anything except that they were concerned about my O2 levels. maybe I can ask the hospital for the report? my doctor knows absolutely nothing about this subject and the place i got the CPAP is terrible with getting back to me. I gave them the sd card data weeks ago and by the looks of it they should have contacted me but nothing. Im gonna try calling again monday but usually get the runaround of leaving messages.
Post Reply Post Reply
the reason I thought sleep apnea might cause neuropathy is I found this article. It says it can and it is usually overlooked. Ive been to multiple neurologists including Rochester NY which is supposedly one of the best in the country and they couldn't find a cause but they didn't say anything about sleep apnea and I only learned I had it later. I did however, tell all of them of my chest pain and poor sleeping so it's strange they didnt think anything of that.

it still wont let me post links
Post Reply Post Reply
i'll try putting spaces so it will post
https://      sleephq       .com/public/b33b946f-b10d-4ab1-99d4-d22967d8b57c

let me find a better one that was only 2 hours
Post Reply Post Reply
https://sleephq .com/public/a6037a95-ae63-405e-bea8-10c9ef793f96

just remove the spaces before .com
this is the one that has me worried because of all the central apneas
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 3 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 160 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 176 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,364 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.