Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

dream station delivered but not found
dream station delivered but not found
Hi all,

I registered in August for the replacement dream station as so many did.  I called them in September to let them know that, as a snowbird, I have two addresses and gave them the dates I would be returning to our winter home and how much longer we would be at the summer address. They said fine and thanks for the info. etc....

Got here and found an envelope in my house, which said the new device was delivered. or coming?).  I inputed the tracking number and it said it was delivered on September 10th. Well, its nowhere to be found.  Usually I get some sort of message when a package is arriving and then I let my neighbors know and they look out for it.  I had NO advance knowledge so Im assuming it was left on my porch and then stolen.  Unfortunely, something that happens a lot around here.  

Ive called UPS, and was given the run around and was told someone would reach out...nothing
Ive called Phillips, and was given the run around and was told someone would reach out....nothing

Anyone else have this issue?  Any advice? Also, the envelope WAS in the house, (I had renters here then) so I wondered if that arrives BEFORE the package or at the same time.  Unfortunately the renters don't have a clue.  

Thanks for any and all info.
Karen
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: dream station delivered but not found
I would think that whatever address you supplied to Phillips when you registered your device is the one they shipped it to.

You'll have to be the "squeaky wheel" with UPS. Keep calling them. Find out date and time delivered, and where exactly did they leave it off.
Believe me, they have that detailed information.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As a retired UPS driver, I can assure you that UPS can tell exactly where, when, and who delivered the package.
Sadly, porch pirates are becoming big business these days and there's not much UPS can do about that.
UPS will take care of the situation. It just might not happen overnight. Keep after them.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply’s. I will keep investigating including calling again and again if necessary. My biggest frustration is that I had NO advance alerts as it’s so easy to have someone look out for it if I know something is coming. Whose fault that is, I don’t know. I did have this winter address on file but also the summer one which is why I called Phillips in the first place.
I’ll keep keeping on,,,, my biggest mystery is why the paper work was here but not the pkg. hmmmmm
Post Reply Post Reply
Any chance one of your neighbors picked it up to safeguard it for you?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope, I asked them first off....Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
"I can assure you that UPS can tell exactly where, when, and who delivered .."

Surely thats not 100% true. Just the other week, I had a UPS subcontractor drop a box on our deck and ring the bell. Luckily I went outside in time to notice that he had dropped it at the wrong address and waved him back. He had already checked off "delivered" on the pda. Mistakes happen.
If he had left I just would have delivered it myself (just down the road a ways), but for sure there's some people that would keep it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2021, 03:33 PM)DaveCar Wrote: "I can assure you that UPS can tell exactly where, when, and who delivered .."

Surely thats not 100% true.  Just the other week, I had a UPS subcontractor drop a box on our deck and ring the bell.

I never said they were always delivered accurately. People make mistakes. 
BUT the technology UPS and most other delivery companies use, will still show where the package was delivered even if it was the wrong place. 

I'm not sure what a UPS subcontractor is, though. This may be something new since I've retired.  Dont-know
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
Could the contractor UPS be like FedEx versus FedEx Ground?

I do agree though, UPS has to have the info contained in the tracking data. They would know who delivered it and where.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Its a regional courier that subs to one of the big players, I was told that it was UPS. I dont see as many UPS trucks around, so I assume it's good info .. but who knows, I've never asked a driver.
The delivery system would have shown "delivered" when the guy scanned the package and clicked "delivered", but I bet you are correct - somewhere in the system a proper GPS tracked coordinate is stored so they could backtrack the truck's path to find a wrong address situation with timestamp etc.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 952 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
Exclaimation [Diagnosis] 2 Yrs CPAP & I Still Don't Dream - Eliminated Obstructive But Central Apneas Present droo 5 532 08-31-2023, 07:18 PM
Last Post: droo
  Finally found through DISE why cpap/bipap/ASV was never going to work for me. logart89 9 1,376 08-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: logart89
Question New home sleep study device found - Contec RS10, has anybody tested it??? djrem3000 0 790 05-23-2023, 10:28 AM
Last Post: djrem3000
Question Resmed AirTouch F20 on Dream Station 2: X factor? SleeperAwake21 1 437 05-19-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: SleeperAwake21
  Duration Resmed battery Power Station II Asjb 2 732 03-20-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Asjb
Question Dream Station 2 stats sallym 4 761 02-20-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: sallym

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.