Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

dreamstation auto on and off
Question 
dreamstation auto on and off
Should this turn on if the machine is off? I ask because I swear it was before. I've only had the machine for a week. I just turned it off and put the mask on but will no start with power off. I checked the auto off and auto on and both are set to on.

Thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: dreamstation auto on and off
Blowing a couple of puffs of air into the mask can help with auto start. I never used auto stop so I can't help with it.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The loaner I was given for my trial is a dreamstation auto, and I have checked that both auto start and stop are on. Neither have worked during the 12 days I have had it so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have both Auto On and Auto Off set.. 

The machine should turn on after three or four breaths once you have the mask on your face, they need to be normal to strong breaths- not light/shallow breathing.

When the machine is running it will shut down about 60 seconds after you remove the mask from your face. 

If I get up during the night to answer the call of nature I shut the machine down manually so the noise of air blowing out of the mask doesn't wake my wife.. then when I come back to bed I put the mask back on and it starts up before I've even had time to lay back down and get comfortable again most times.
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
Someone on here told that it doesn’t work with FFMs that have the antiasphyxiation valve. They were spot on. If you’re using a FFM try blocking the valve with your fingers.
This doesn’t seem to be a problem with ResMeds. I’ve got a Dreamstation Go and an AutoSet 10.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2020, 05:51 AM)sleepyp Wrote: Someone on here told that it doesn’t work with FFMs that have the antiasphyxiation valve. They were spot on. If you’re using a FFM try blocking the valve with your fingers.
This doesn’t seem to be a problem with ResMeds. I’ve got a Dreamstation Go and an AutoSet 10.

Try a stronger exhale, mine seems to start up quicker if I give a good strong breath out. ( I use a nose mask, not FFM, but I've noticed a difference if I don't give that decent first breath or two.)
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
My DreamStations have required VERY strong and swift/sharp breaths in (multiple, in quick succession) in order to get it to auto-start. My lungs aren't strong enough for that (it triggers my asthma, too). So I just start my machine by pushing the button to start.

My ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset performs this function beautifully, though.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2020, 12:03 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: My DreamStations have required VERY strong and swift/sharp breaths in (multiple, in quick succession) in order to get it to auto-start.  My lungs aren't strong enough for that (it triggers my asthma, too).  So I just start my machine by pushing the button to start.

My ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset performs this function beautifully, though.

I agree.  I am on day 2 of using a Resmed loaner from my provider, and it works very nicely.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 503 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 582 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,002 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  switched from Dreamstation to Luna II Auto wstalcup 0 505 06-05-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: wstalcup
  Optimizing Dreamstation Auto mnemon81 16 1,248 03-26-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.