Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Changing date & time on ResMed S 9
Changing date & time on ResMed S 9
How do I set my RedMed thanks S9 back a day. The machine won't let me, it says that there is data there. I thought I read somewhere that there is a way to wipe the data out of the machine ad then you could set the correct time and date.  

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changing date & time on ResMed S 9
Hi Frank,
There are a couple of methods for this:
1) In the Clinicians' settings, there is an option to reset all data.  If you do this, the machine will allow you to set any date or time without restriction.  However, all data in the machine is cleared (not the settings or Run hours, but everything else).  If you go for this method, it would be prudent to make a full backup of your SD card to your computer beforehand.

2) If you are in the habit of turning off the machine after waking up, don't do this - just press the button to end your sleep session, and leave the machine on otherwise.  Wait a few hours, or until it is time to sleep again, and use the Clinician's menu to reset the time.  However. don't move the date to a time before noon of the current day, as the Resmed machines' day starts and ends at noon.  With this method you can back up the time a few hours.  You'll need to use the procedure more than once to backup the time by a full day or more

Good luck. 

By the way, if your machine was obtained in 2014, it's probably time to check the Run hours, as the expected life is about 5 years. or 15,000 run hours.  It could be time to think about a replacement unit.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto what becker stated. Hope you succeed at getting date/time aligned.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went with option 2 that Becker recommended. Over about a week, I was able to get it to where I wanted it.

Since then, I've decided to not bother about dates/times on there. I figure if it's somewhere close (and records my entire night's sleep in one "day" on OSCAR), then I'm good.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 209 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,436 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 619 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,185 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 173 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 808 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.