Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

dreamstation humidifier seals
dreamstation humidifier seals
anyone else have any issues with a dream station humidifier blowing its seals? 

I logged into admin mode on my dream station to enable the check mask fit leak feature, and with the humidifer, I seem to be getting a massive leak. So needless to say I am just running with dry air. It was not always like this the sounds have gotten worse over the past month. 

When I exhale or pause breathing, I get a blow out from one or both of the seals in the humidifier, It also does not feel like I am getting the proper 15.0 start air.

I've had the unit just over a year now. 

So I think I will go without water on my dream station. 

So do I replace the seals, or just buy a new humidifier?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: dreamstation humidifier seals
never mind, I found out the problem last night when I took the humidifer apart. it is the RESPIRONICS - 1120668 - DREAMSTATION HUMIDIFIER DRY BOX ASSEMBLY it developed a crack in it, so I taped it shut, the seals are fine, I just need to find a replacement for a decent price.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do a Google Search for "system one DS6H humidifier". I am seeing prices as low as $160 for a complete humidifier with free shipping.
Supplier #2 has a complete DS6H with new water chamber for $70.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2017, 10:43 AM)mjp1976 Wrote: never mind, I found out the problem last night when I took the humidifer apart. it is the RESPIRONICS - 1120668 - DREAMSTATION HUMIDIFIER DRY BOX ASSEMBLY it developed a crack in it, so I taped it shut, the seals are fine, I just need to find a replacement for a decent price.

Check Supplier #1, plug in 1120668 and you will find what you are looking for for under $15.00.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mjp1976,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy and also with finding a humidifier for your machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2017, 11:02 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Do a Google Search for "system one DS6H humidifier".  I am seeing prices as low as $160 for a complete humidifier with free shipping.  
Supplier #2 has a complete DS6H with new water chamber for $70.

dreamstation =/= system one. 

The system one is the backup unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2017, 10:20 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi mjp1976,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy and also with finding a humidifier for your machine.

Don't need the humidifier, just need the part. I found it was the dry box assembly in the humidifier. Got one Coming in from the local supplier, but am hoping they are not going to try to ding me an arm and a leg. 

In Canada, CPAP Suppliers charge out the arse for machines and supplies. Even some online companies are high. 

I paid 650 for my DS auto, and locations up here charge upwards of 2,000 for one.

Sadly there is no repair service in Canada that does not take a bite out of your wallet.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 354 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,161 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 320 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 787 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 516 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.