Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

dreamstation noisy
dreamstation noisy
When using my dreamstation machine, I can hear the machine make loud breathing sounds as I inhale.  What can cause this.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: dreamstation noisy
(11-28-2019, 06:59 AM)noenono Wrote: When using my dreamstation machine, I can hear the machine make loud breathing sounds as I inhale.  What can cause this.

Are you using a humidifier?  Mine only does that when I don't fill the water tank.
Sleepless No More
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd check your air connections and seals to see if things change. It could be your hose, the humidifier water chamber seal, or the humidifier unit seal as the DreamStation humidifier is a separate unit. It may be something else of course, such as the blower motor. Try the cheap and easy first though. Noises in general have been noted in the past with the DreamStation, either as a problem or sometimes as a design flaw. It's dependant on what you're actual noise complaint is caused by that indicates the cure.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought a new heated hose and mask.  The machine was making this inhaling breathing noise before I bought these items.  And yes, It still makes the noise with or without humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you describe the noise in detail? Is there anything that you do that changes it for the better or worse? Turning the DreamStation off or throwing it into the brick wall aren't exactly expected to apply in this case. Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine does when 2 things happen.  Lid not closed good.  Check gel gasket ensure it’s in the slots. Plus my nose pillow not seated firmly in olace
Post Reply Post Reply
The sound is like when someone is on a respirator and you can hear the machine do the  breathing  for the person.  It's coming from the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I'm thinking they gave you the Darth Vader edition. Philips Respironics DeathStar CPAP Auto or some such.

Alright, it's got the variable breathing sound by that description, I'm supposing. OK this part isn't sarcasm, any wheezing or whistling-ish going on? Or just a blower varying between 2 breathing sounds more or less?
Post Reply Post Reply
On both my DreamStation Auto and my ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset, I can hear the breathe in/out sounds from the machine. When it annoys me, I turn on a fan in the room to give a little bit of white noise.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's what I'm trying to bring out in my round about way. Is there a sound component that can be described to point to probable mechanical issues/something that needs fixed or is it just the CPAP is running sound that you're maybe not used to?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Noisy nasal pillows? justinfreeman 7 1,392 09-28-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Noisy Fans in New CPAPs stevew77 0 389 09-28-2023, 06:11 PM
Last Post: stevew77
Question [CPAP] BREAS Z2 very noisy at mask WWinNJ 3 1,423 07-31-2023, 10:51 PM
Last Post: PHXSleeper
  [How to] Fix Your Own Noisy CPAP - Don't discard old CPAP with worn bearings SuperSleeper 2 16,680 06-02-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,713 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,534 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  ResMed Noisy (Pnuematic Block) Replacement 3rdMarDiv 17 6,449 11-10-2021, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.