Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

nose a bit puffy in the a.m.??
nose a bit puffy in the a.m.??
I've noticed on several occasions in the 2 weeks I've been cpap'ing that when I wake up in the a.m. that my nose below the bridge is puffy or a bit swollen looking. I have the humidifier on 4 and I don't think it's too high, no rainout and I still have a bit of a dry nose. For a few days now I have noticed inside one nostril there is a sore spot with some dried blood over it, so this is why I am assuming my nose is still dry.

Any idea what might be causing this? I'm wondering if I am not quite titrated up high enough? I am still waking up with headaches, although the severity has lessened to a more tolerable level. (I am still taking pain meds upon awakening though)

How does a person know if they are titrated to the correct level?

Also how does a person know if they are using the right size of nasal pillows? Just questioning it cause a friend of mine who is also using CPAP and appears to have a similar sized nose & nostrils (unbelievable that I would even be noticing that on someone LOL) and she is using the Extra Small size nasal pillows and is also using the Swift FX as I am. I was just handed the Medium size by the RT at the DME I went to. So back to the question, how does a person know they are using the right size nasal pillows?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: nose a bit puffy in the a.m.??
There are some excellent videos on the ResMed site about how to properly fit the nasal pillows. As for proper titration that will probably have to wait until you post some of your data from sleepyhead software so folks here can assist you.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
OK so I found some info online (not much really) about correct sizing for nasal pillows and I'm going to try Small size tonight. It might be better as the Medium has been resting on my top lip.

Can't provide any data due to having a brick as a loaner. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
I use lanolin on the inside of my nose to keep it from getting raw from the nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,737 Yesterday, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 156 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 111 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,785 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 141 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 581 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 632 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.