Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

dryeyesandsleepapnea therapy thread: data geek loves OSCAR
RE: dryeyesandsleepapnea therapy thread: data geek loves OSCAR
I think you have read the Soft Cervical Collar wiki? It is pretty obvious you have clusters of obstructive apnea, accompanied by high flow limits and hypopnea.  This is classic and you will probably resolve much of this if you can avoid chin-tucking. The periods between the clusters looks pretty good, so no need for pressure changes at this point.

If you ever need more space for images, Imgur is a really good choice. The screenshots will post as images, and the Huge Thumbnail option works best.

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202022-03-27%20at%2012.25.03.png?raw=1]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
First night with the SCC. I've never seen graphs like this! like Thanks 

I'm using the Futuro collar since it was easy to get. The incredible part besides noticing and preventing my chin tuck was noticing I also shrug my shoulders up when in bed. After a quick test today, I seem to be doing it in general. Definitely something I'll work on.

Collar didn't bother me. Sleep was normal. I awoke around eight times, twice for a small mask leak and the rest for no apparent reason. However, this morning I had the same lightheaded / adrenaline rush feeling I got a few days after starting CPAP when I had a burst of energy. I made it through the day without needing a nap in the afternoon or evening, and even now at 10:55 pm / 22:55 as I write this, I'm sleepy but not super tired like when I skip naps.

Excited to see where this goes. Big thanks again to everyone who's helped with settings and recommendations so far and Crimson Nape for the image trick!

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202022-03-29%20at%2022.37.18.png?raw=1]
[Image: Screen%20Shot%202022-03-29%20at%2022.37.38.png?raw=1]
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow! The improvement in the flow limitations is especially dramatic. I hope you continue to feel energetic and rested during the day.
Post Reply Post Reply
That looks a lot like the before and after shots I used to show how a SCC works for many people. It can be an amazing difference. You seem to have hit on a good setup with the Futuro collar right off the top. Excellent!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Back again with an interesting life update. A few days ago, I got a tongue tie release. The main reasons were speech and daytime breathing and tongue posture issues. Hopefully this can also help with sleep apnea. I've been working with a therapist on pre-operation tongue strengthening exercises and will continue therapy for posture retraining and more strengthening and stretching.

My sleep was poor over the weekend so last night, I changed to APAP (6-20) for some data.

Does it look like I need to adjust pressures? Prescribed pressure from my 2021 titration study was 11. I'm still using the SCC.

[Image: YFXRdkm.png]
[Image: xjxs0Gb.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting update! I'll be curious to hear more as you progress.

I'd suggest raising you minimum to at least 7 so you can get your full EPR of 3 from the outset. (The lowest the machine can go is 4.)

What do you think caused your bad sleep over the weekend? Frequent wake-ups? Pain? Or ... ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh makes sense, I'll change it to 7 tonight!

It sounds weird but I think my body wasn't / isn't used to my tongue being able to hang freely now. My doctor said people usually snore more for a few days after surgery, which I'm guessing will aggravate apnea as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: 1y4Uovy.png]
[Image: 3p3uyMK.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,057 11 hours ago
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 150 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 248 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,259 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,331 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.