Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

dumb question, why do people wear cpap to read?
RE: dumb question, why do people wear cpap to read?
The only time I do that is when I'm reading in bed which only happens when I have a medical problem (recovery from surgery, illness, bad back). I know others who do read in bed and will fall asleep while reading, so ideal for them to be hooked up while reading.
Post Reply Post Reply
It will increase your compliance time, if your insurer is monitoring.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2017, 05:44 PM)Beej Wrote: It will increase your compliance time, if your insurer is monitoring.

Oh-jeez That too
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2017, 11:39 AM)CZOscar Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 11:15 AM)big_dave Wrote: I often doze off while reading in bed. I wear my CPAP mask while reading to avoid falling asleep without it.

Exactly - Reading gets me ready to sleep (mostly) and if I stop to get mask on I can wake up just enough to have to start process over.  I prefer reading with mask on and set then can slide into sleep easier.  In addition let’s me work out any minor adjustments to mask.  Mask type/design is critical since I wear glasses.

Sleep-well

That's my thinking also.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
Because they can.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
To avoid intimate advances from the wife.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2017, 12:08 PM)AlanE Wrote: To avoid intimate advances from the wife.

From my experiance.... that doesn't always work. LOL

I usually fall asleep reading at night. I'm with the others. I don't want to wake myself back up to put the mask on or risk falling asleep without it. Increasing usage hours comes in handy too... Doesn't stop the intimate advances however...
Post Reply Post Reply
haha. you-all are risking a slap on the wrist from the sleep hygiene police, dontcha know? <grin>
Post Reply Post Reply
I wear it watching TV as well as when reading in bed. Lots of times, both activities put me out like de light bub...
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
My Dreamwear FF didn't work out at all, so I had to switch to an Airfit F20. Where do I find reading glasses? I really MUST read before I fall asleep, preferably in French. This mask is making quite a job of it -- lenses way out there, book at arm's length up above.

I think there's a market for a device to make books hover.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 974 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Dumb Question - Just nervous and want some clarification kc90 5 305 02-09-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Cannot get my mother to wear a cervical collar: Phaleronic 5 362 01-28-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 293 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 287 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  Was there a question about hackers accessing your CPAP machine. I am experiencing thi DBlake 2 497 12-24-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,168 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.