Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ear pain ever morning
ear pain ever morning
What would cause ear pain in the morning? Could my numbers from my sleep machine be set at too high? I am a side sleeper mostly on my left side and my left ear always feels like it is full of water..I get a cracking sound in my ear.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ear pain ever morning
Sounds like TMJ. You think it's when you move your jaw? Do you have bruxism?
Post Reply Post Reply
My ears started feeling like I was on an airplane in the mornings when I switched from CPAP to BIPAP a couple of years ago. I am not sure if it could be causing your ear pain or not. I am almost certain it is the cause of my problem. Otherwise I love my BIPAP. It does make adjusting hearing aids very difficult.
Post Reply Post Reply
My left ear used to occasionally wake me up at 5:pm with pain and that "full of water" feeling. I found laying with the left side up allowed it to drain, the pain would subside until I rolled into another position. When I traveled, I had a tube put in that ear so I could stand the altitude changes from flying. Later, I figured out the instigating event was bike riding or being outside in significant wind without a hat. I started wearing a wind muff (looks like an ear band, but is wind resistant fabric) which stopped it.
Make sure there is no blowing on that ear, even if it is prior to sleeping on that side. My biking was 12-18 hours before I felt any pain.
This was prior to CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same issue, and it started shortly after I started on CPAP therapy in April. I don’t really have much pain, but I have fluid that develops in my left ear to the point that it adversely affects my hearing. At times my left ear will be totally blocked. 

I have discussed this problem with both my primary doctor and my sleep doctor. They both tell me the problem has nothing to do with CPAP usage. I’m not convinced. 

I have an ENT appointment at the end of this month. 

Steptoe
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 983 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 122 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  ENT / Morning Sleep r4robin 4 203 03-07-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: r4robin
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 1,995 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Early Morning change in AHI CasitaWayne 20 6,969 01-19-2024, 06:36 PM
Last Post: jstro84
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 343 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.