Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ejbpesca - (Therapy Thread) Aerophagia and other questions.
ejbpesca - (Therapy Thread) Aerophagia and other questions.
Hello.  I am 15 years into CPAP therapy.  A month or so ago I thought my acid reflux was producing large amounts of air in my GI tract.  By accident I came across a video about CPAP therapy that explained that aerophagia is a possible hazard of the therapy.  Aerophagia is when your CPAP machine blows air into your esophagus instead of your lungs.  My pressures were set at 12/20 (min./max.) That pressure was doing the job for years.  My AHI was <5 usually.  I had to reduce pressure to stop the aerophagia that was aggravating the acid reflux.

I went into the clinical adjustments of my Resmed AirSense 10 and reduced pressures.  I reduced them too much.  The aerophagia let up but the AHI went up.

My goal is to find the setting that will deliver therapy but not aerophagia and get answers to some "why," questions.

I can post daily report links for SleepHQ or images from OSCAR.  If there is a link for OSCAR data, I need to find it.  If I post images, I will need to know what part of the report is needed for review for help.

Thank you,

ejbpesca
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aerophagia
I see replies do not count as posts to be able to paste a link to a post. Maybe I can post screen shots though.
Post Reply Post Reply
ejbpesca,
You can post a Screenshot of the daily page in OSCAR.

Use the F12 key (on a Mac, Fn+F12) (standard View) to take your Screenshot.
Then use the Attachment Feature located at the bottom of your post.

Use the links in my signature line to guide you in setting up your chart.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The best thing to post is a screenshot of the Daily page from OSCAR. Use the F12 key (Ctrl+F12 for Macs) to create the screenshot. It gets saved to your OSCAR_Data folder. Then use the Reply button to create your post. Below the text entry box is the Attachment setup. No link needed, and you can insert your screenshot anywhere within your post. It does take a couple of steps, but not too difficult.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
10/8/22. Short sleep.  I see the need for min. pressure now so one question is answered.  (another graph showed the pressure at near 10 for whole sleep session)

[attachment=45131]

(10-09-2022, 06:49 AM)pholynyk Wrote: The best thing to post is a screenshot of the Daily page from OSCAR. Use the F12 key (Ctrl+F12 for Macs) to create the screenshot. It gets saved to your OSCAR_Data folder. Then use the Reply button to create your post. Below the text entry box is the Attachment setup. No link needed, and you can insert your screenshot anywhere within your post. It does take a couple of steps, but not too difficult.

Does this forum use SleepHQ?
Post Reply Post Reply
The night before 10/7/22 was this mess:

[attachment=45133]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ejbpesca - (Therapy Thread) Aerophagia and other questions.
OSCAR is the preferred reporting tool.

Please read the link below and organize your screenshots as suggested so the experts have the data they need to help you.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Post Reply Post Reply
"OSCAR is the preferred reporting tool."

I found a way to squash the size of the graphs on my MacBook Air that in default size will only show 3 graphs of OSCAR data.  

Please let me know if just 3 graphs are okay, or if 5 is better and if those are okay squashed as in this image.
[attachment=45139]
Post Reply Post Reply
The last screenshot you posted is good.

The experts will ask for specific zoomed-in screenshots if they want a closer look at bits.

Are you currently doing anything to address positional apnea?

Have you read this wiki article?
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ng_therapy
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2022, 02:11 PM)Brazen Wrote: Are you currently doing anything to address positional apnea?

Have you read this wiki article?

Yes, I have addressed positional apnea.  I build a pillow wall behind me in an attempt to prevent rolling to my back.  Of late I seem to be going to sleep and waking in the same position.

Yes, I have read that Wiki article.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 153 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,067 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 162 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,357 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 605 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.