Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ejbpesca - (Therapy Thread) Aerophagia and other questions.
RE: ejbpesca - (Therapy Thread) Aerophagia and other questions.
(10-16-2022, 08:49 AM)Brazen Wrote: Red recommended MIN 9.6, MAX 12. 
Try that for a few nights.

I slept five more hours with no APAP.  Not good sleep but at least woke with no aerophagia at 11am 10/16. Acid down...maybe due to taking double dose of acid reducer at 6am.

Post some of your high AHI nights.

[attachment=45274]

Have you had a full medical workup for the reflux?
Yes with endoscope.  Acid reducer and antacid prescribed.  I have followed most of protocol for acid reflux as prescribed.

Can you get a continuous o2 monitor?
I will shop for O2 monitor today.

Have you tried different types of masks?
Yes. AirFit 10 was preferred.  I will try the AirFit F20 soon.  It is on its way.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Anyone have an opinion on the Lookee/Wellue O2 monitor sleep ring?  It seems to be the easiest one to use, if it works.  Starting a round of Prilosec today.  Fearing a weak sphincter muscle maybe causing acid and aerophagia.  Awakened by aerophagia and acid, but not as severe as yesterday.

Last 1.5 hours of this report is me trying to get back to sleep.

[attachment=45287]
Post Reply Post Reply
Waking rested for the first time in a couple of weeks.  No aerophagia today, slept in one left side position, chin tuck prevention (my arm) stayed in place.  No waking till end of sleep session. Pain level way down.  Does this OSCAR data show that, except for the around an hour cluster of apnea, the APAP therapy is working, or is it I did not need therapy during the calm time?  Does the cluster show that the APAP did not treat the cluster of apneas?

[attachment=45307]
Post Reply Post Reply
It shows that it maxed out at the upper limit, but was still unable to treat those apneas. It appears that they are more likely caused by a positional issue, otherwise they would be spread out all through your sleep session. Some sleeping positions can create OAs to the extent that no matter how much pressure is used, the CPAP will not overcome them. I think your arm must have gotten tired and moved. If an SCC is not in the picture, you might try a rolled-up towel under the chin. Ultimately, if you rolled onto your back, then none of the recommendations I made will help.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll take a night like this anytime.  Waking alert, no acid pain, and zero aerophagia.  Looking like pressure settings are going well.  What's that gray area?  Is OSCAR saying that is false data?  What do you think?  Did this night's therapy go well?

New F20 mask was not good. For the first time I woke within 3 hours to find a ring of rash where the mask touches my now swollen face. Back to the F10. I wonder if the F20 contains latex.
Post Reply Post Reply
The grey area is one long leak. See the left sidebar large leak information.
It may have been your mask that moved which then caused this leak.

Any mask that causes a rash as you describe is not something I'd continue using.
Although, you could try a mask liner. That would put a barrier between your skin and the mask.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The gray area is a large leak. This means two things.  One, you have exceeded the CPAP's maximum flow volume to provide adequate pressure and volume to properly treat your apnea therapy.  Two, the CPAP is no longer able to properly detect reporting channels and events.

After reading my statement above, I'm sure you have realized that eliminating leaks is a top priority for your treatment to progress effectively.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2022, 07:26 AM)OpalRose Wrote: The grey area is one long leak.  See the left sidebar large leak information.
It may have been your mask that moved which then caused this leak.  

Any mask that causes a rash as you describe is not something I'd continue using.  
Although, you could try a mask liner.  That would put a barrier between your skin and the mask.

The liners I bought cause the leak rate to go way above 25.  The maker says that is okay, but others say it is not okay.  Back to AirFit F10.  Puzzling as to why the same brand but bit different model mask caused such irritation and swelling.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I roll to my back at times even though I try tried to block that action with pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do SleepHq links work here?

https://sleephq.com/public/868e9ed2-cd65...b1ff477258

I am increasing the pressures again since aerophagia is not occurring with present settings.  I understand a min level raise can help prevent OAs so the max will not be chasing them.  

Any opinions on this report?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 1 37 20 minutes ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 61 959 48 minutes ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,318 2 hours ago
Last Post: Little Olive
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 375 5 hours ago
Last Post: Matsu1
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,397 8 hours ago
Last Post: btreger
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 15 725 10 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,074 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.