Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

enable smart start/stop
enable smart start/stop
Resmed S9. I had not ben using the humidifier as the CPAP was fine without it, I had a cold and hooked up the humidifier every thing works fine, except I must have messed up some setting as the auto start/stop does not work. How can I reset auto start?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: enable smart start/stop
Hi edscrz and welcome
SmartStart can set to On, Off, Patient in the clinical menu (Options)
If set to Patient ... allows you to change from "patient screen menu"
To access patient screen menu ... press and hold the setup button for 3 sec

S9 setup info and videos: http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

S9 manual is available via email: http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi edscrz,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
What Zonk said.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you still using a nasal mask? Autostart is iffy if you are using a full face mask, or if it says that in the settings.

Also try unplugging the power to the machine for a minute.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2013, 01:40 AM)archangle Wrote: Autostart is iffy if you are using a full face mask, or if it says that in the settings.
If iffy than assume its faulty. On my machine SmartStart is not allowed with full face masks but machines that came out afterwards are okay with all types of masks. According to S9 trouble shooting guide:
Disable SmartStart/Stop if using a nasal pillows mask with a set pressure less than 7 cm H2O

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prisma Smart Max Revvysue 4 98 Yesterday, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Revvysue
  Do you stop your Airsense machine when you go to the bathroom during nighttime? dharma2255 10 302 04-12-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 246 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 513 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,172 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,703 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Smart Watches/devices Fourkidletts 172 17,004 03-02-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: dataq1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.