Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

encore pro report for compliance (DOT)
encore pro report for compliance (DOT)
Hi, I'm a trucker, and a cpap user for the last 6 years or so.
My previous employer handled the sleep lab/compliance report stuff for me.
(Long story, was a nightmare)

I now work for a small company far away from my home state, and the safety department is totally inept when it comes to CPAP stuff, so I am on my own to come up with a compliance report.
Last year I found a local medical supplies store who printed the report out for me, and had no problem with my DOT physical.

This year, that store is out of business. Sad

I installed Encore Pro, and managed to get my date uploaded for the TWO machines I've used in the last 90 days. (I replaced my old machine about 2.5 months ago)

I'm much happier with the dreamstation I bought online, and my compliance is around 89%.

My question is...finally....which report option do I use for compliance for a DOT physical?

SUMMARY or TREND? (Detailed seems overkill for 90 days, and not sure you have an option for the full 90 day period)

It seems the last time I had to do this the compliance report was longer than the 3 pages Summary produces, and the 5 pages Trend produces.

Am I better off including a week or two of detailed reports?

I vaguely remember the DR briefly checking the compliance percentage last time, and not much else.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: encore pro report for compliance (DOT)
Perhaps you could ask DoT in your home state? According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, individual states set their own rules.

Most standards are used for 70% of the nights at 4 hours or more per night.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The usage amount for compliance is more or less suggested by the Feds. I've taken DOT physicals in 4 separate states since I've been using CPAP. I was hoping other truckers were on this board who were using encore to produce compliance reports for DOT physicals.
It's kind of bizarre to go from working for a company that over managed this, to working for one who has no idea what it is.
(Not complaining, I sleep better at the current company due to MANY factors.) Smile

I just want to make sure the needed info is there if the doctor actually looks at more than the usage stats. Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
OK, as i hoped. The DR looked briefly at the usage stats, and that was it.

I was freaked out about this because my previous employer was sort of an overbearing, micromanaging, anal type...and made everything as difficult and complicated as possible.
My current employer is a little easier to live with, but somewhat inept.
A few hours after I faxed them the new (passed) medical forms, they called me, and told me I would not be able to continue employment due to my 'heart condition'.

It turns out they called the wrong person, and the call was intended for another driver who just faxed in a failed physical.

I am so looking forward to retirement in a few years, where the only incompetence I have to suffer through, is my own.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 160 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Oscar - past compliance is incorrect (and different to Prisma) dannahaz 8 583 02-15-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: dannahaz
  Seeking help with O2 report/OSCAR ejbpesca 26 1,479 02-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [BUG report] OSCAR v1.5.1 Skalou 10 1,286 12-03-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  First OSCAR Report - Leak Rate jfkaess 11 1,685 11-11-2023, 05:15 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  how to use CPAP data to compute RDI with machine that doesn't report RERAs? TryingToGetItRight 3 632 09-29-2023, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  User report: Löwenstein Prisma Smart Plus works very well with 1.5.0 clan 1 731 09-24-2023, 01:41 AM
Last Post: clan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.