Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

encorepro2.23 update
encorepro2.23 update
Hi,
Is there a way to use/update EncorePro2.14 to 2.23.
It keeps telling me authentification is impossible...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: encorepro2.23 update
If you go to the bottom section of the post on how to download EncorePro, there is a link for the full "Install & Admin Guide" PDF file, which has a section on how to properly upgrade from an earlier version of EncorePro.

That post is here (you'll need to be logged into your forum account):

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

(note:  Ver. 2.23 is the "client" version for one PC only - it is not the full server version for sleep centers who manage numerous patients.  Therefore you may not be able to upgrade from the full server version to the client-only version [if that's what you have currently installed], in which case you'd need to simply do a regular install of 2.23, and not use the "upgrade" option).

I'm not sure if you would lose data in such situations, so you may wish to backup your data.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, I did the reading in the first place...and didn't found anything....
I was hoping someone out there could help......
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm pretty sure that EncorePro 2.14 is the full server version. 

If that's what you have installed, there may be no direct upgrade path to the client-only version (EncorePro 2.23).

Hopefully someone who knows for sure can chime in here.

In the meantime, can you possibly install version 2.23 by itself (not as an upgrade)?
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I indeed tried it too, and it works well...

In fact, here's what I did.

1. I took a backup of the DB(MS-SQL) on the source PC (the one with 2.14)
    2. On the dest PC, I installed 2.23 and it goes well until the end (with the empty DB from the initial setup).  I even could start the application...
    3. I restored the previous backup of the DB 

As soon as I tried to start EncorePro2 after the 'Restore' I get the 'unable to start authentification' message...
Post Reply Post Reply
It's very possible that the database structure for the server version (2.14) is completely different, or different enough to not be compatible with the database structure of the 2.23 client-only version.

You might have to run the packages side-by-side (using 2.14 for analysis of your older data, and using 2.23 going forward).

Or, stick with 2.14 if you're happy with it.

Of course, all of the above is major speculation, since I have no way of knowing for sure.

The problem here is that there is no support for anyone anyone except health care professionals.  We're just stabbing in the dark in the absence of available documentation or support.

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
That's cool !  thnx for your help !!

unfortunately, I can't stick with 2.14 (which indeed fully repond to may needs) because I'll need to upgrade from Win7 to Win10...

Unless I could be confirmed that 2.14 should work fine in 10 ?.......  In that case, I will stop fighting :-P
Post Reply Post Reply
lova001 - If your concern is only about 2.14 running in Widows 10,  you could always run it in Compatibility mode and  select Windows 7 as the environment.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
indeed.....
I didn't even think about it :-/

Thnx !!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will an OSCAR update ever be released? guzzle 3 171 03-07-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar doesn't update settings kappak 1 275 01-19-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Update? Fixit50 7 541 01-12-2024, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Fixit50
  How do I update my weight in Oscar alexwatt 2 432 10-20-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: alexwatt
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,306 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Information Lookee oximeter import/sync issues, wiki update suggestions Uphold9887 9 760 05-02-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar freezes on start following Win 11 update Grandpapa-G 6 705 04-21-2023, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zzzdmeted

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.