Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

enzo1 Therapy Thread
RE: Cpap settings
If I can't spot the problem in one or two screenshots of a typical night, then the problem won't be in 60 graphs either. Don't show the worst, just choose the detail chart from last night, and let's see where it takes us.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cpap settings
Well, 
I changed the pressure Setting over the course of this time. First i started with 5-15 which was prescribed by the doc. Then i switched up to 7-15 , 8-15 ,9-15 and now since a week or so to 10-15. I will post some Screenshots let me know if you need more of if you need anything else. 

Apparently i can only post 3 Screenshots in this forum anyway ...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Still waking up multiple times
Hello guys,
Even after months of APAP use, I am still waking up multiple times a night. Since years i am not sleeping through a whole night once. Any advice on what could be the reason for it. Could it be something else other then sleep apnea ?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Still waking up multiple times
By the way, i saw that many of you guys advice turning off the ramp. I would do what but the machine gets really loud if i turn of the ramp and the machine makes an annoying noise when i breathe at higher pressures. Any way of avoiding that ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: enzo1 Therapy Thread
Your Autoset rarely moves from the minimum set pressure. There is a bit more pressure change with the minimum set to 8 than with the higher pressures. Your respiratory statistics are all normal and with EPR at 3, there is no significant flow limitation. The leaks from your nasal mask are a source of sleep disruption, and were minimized at a pressure of 8.0. Mostly, therapy looks good, but there are some large flow spikes that may represent arousals. We might want to focus on some of those in a zoomed image to see how or why they evolve. Of these charts, the use of a minimum pressure of 8.0 looks best, and if you are going to use ramp, stick with the auto sleep detection rather than a 30 minute timed ramp which appears more disruptive. You might try setting your machine to minimum pressure 8.0 and maximum pressure 8.0 and see if that helps with some of the sleep disruption. I don't see any therapeutic need for variable or higher pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The 99.5 percentile is above 8, doesnt that mean that the pressure goes up at some points therefore meaning that there is a reason for a pressure higher than 8 ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I am still incredibly tired. Any idea on what to improve ? 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=44971]

Post Reply Post Reply
Weil es gerade nicht funktioniert hat, hier der Screenshot.
MfG

Post Reply Post Reply
You slipped back into German for a bit there, I'm assuming it says the same as the post above it?

Your leak rate is still high - that disrupts sleep.
Adjust the mask or try a different one.

Sleeprider made a good suggestion. Have you tried pressure min/max 8?
Worth a few nights try to see what happens. 

Your flow rate absolutely suggests breathing related sleep disruptions, aka sleep apnea.
Minimize the mask leak and dial-in your settings - meaning you might have to come back here to get the expert's help - then use it every time you sleep for at least six months.
It takes time for treatment to improve your well-being. 
Since nothing else has been found to explain your symptoms, continuing sleep apnea treatment is your best chance to feel better.

Also work on the sleep hygiene stuff. Quiet, cool, comfy dark room, no electronics, no booze, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hahaha tired enough to be changing languages, Holy f***. I am using the apap since at least 2 months now I think. My sleep is slightly better at best (dont really feel a difference). You said my flow rate indicates sleep apnea, but I guess its hard to differentiate between central apnea and obstructive from the flow rate. People told me the central sleep apneas are treatment emergent and will subsidide in a couple weeks, Well it have been months and the apap still says central apneas. I am honestly loosing my mind at this point, unable to coherently think.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] The Fox's Therapy Thread (plus help with Dad) The Fox 2 49 1 hour ago
Last Post: The Fox
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 79 1,453 2 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 40 1,224 Yesterday, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MaggieL
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 3 176 Yesterday, 01:06 PM
Last Post: joedes
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 75 1,584 Yesterday, 10:01 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 2 81 04-21-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Jonkier
  LongDaysPleasantNights' Therapy Thread LongDaysPleasantNights 4 124 04-21-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.