Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

enzo1 Therapy Thread
RE: enzo1 Therapy Thread
Need to make 2 replies since you can only upload 3 pics.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Okay so as i was adviced i reduced the EPR to 2. I did for 2 or 3 days i think until i saw that the flow limit increased. I think Gideon was the one who said that he considers flow limitations worse then CA but i am not sure on that one. 
After that I increased the EPR to 3 again and sure enough the flow limit decreased again. 

I have a p10 nasal pillow and instead of using the small sized one i used the medium sized once since the 9.10.22 and that significantly decreased the Leak rate, it even decresed the AHI by quite a lot on the first day. But after that the AHI increased again. Any advice now ? 

As always help is greatly appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
Look at all the improvement you've made on leaks?!! That's awesome!!!

I can't speak to your settings but...  great job reducing the leak problem!

How do you feel??
Post Reply Post Reply
A lil better but still somewhat like death itself
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you're feeling a little better. It can take time to recover from years of sleep deprivation. 

I can't remember if you've said, do you know if your sleep study showed Central or Obstructive, or mixed, events?

I'm not an expert but, your screenshots seem to be showing more CA than obstructive events, sometimes that is related to starting cpap treatment (washing out more CO2 than you're used to).
CAs also tend to vary A LOT from one night to the next.

I am sure one of the experts will weigh in if they feel you should make changes in your settings.

Stick with it and be patient, great job on the mask adjustments!
Post Reply Post Reply
The sleep study said more hypopneas then apneas. There was a neglible amount of central sleep apneas. While it  was like 5 per hour hypopneas it didnt specifiy with numbers whether those  were central or obstructive. In the report it sais that most  hypopneas were obstructive tho. Regarding the central apneas which could occur because of newly starting the apap, i am wearing that machine since 3 months religiously.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well hello guys, 
I am still sleeping with the cpap but i am still not feeling great. Any advice on whether i should change sth about the settings ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, enzo1  Your leak rates appear to have crept up again.  That can disturb your sleep and interfere with treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey guys, in the last 3 days i am taking my Mask off in my sleep without realizing. This happens after 4 months of treatment, normally stuff like this happens at the beginning of treatment in the adjustement phase, for me it happens after 4 months ? I dont see anything on the Oscar which could be explaining this. Any thoughts ?

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2022, 05:27 AM)enzo1 Wrote: This happens after 4 months of treatment, normally stuff like this happens at the beginning of treatment in the adjustement phase, for me it happens after 4 months ?

Remember that "normal" simply means most of us. Things like this can happen to us. Something has gotten into your mind. It's discovered that taking the mask off is somehow a useful strategy.

Hopefully it will stop, if not you may have to apply extra fasteners to make it more difficult to remove the headgear.

Do you typically get up for potty breaks and then perhaps forget to put it back on?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,966 363,542 23 minutes ago
Last Post: btreger
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 85 1,698 32 minutes ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  secunix Therapy Thread secunix 0 52 8 hours ago
Last Post: secunix
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 8 209 Yesterday, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Jonkier
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 6 244 Yesterday, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  lisaistired - Therapy Thread and Questions lisaistired 21 984 Yesterday, 01:59 PM
Last Post: dormivi
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 76 1,657 Yesterday, 10:47 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.