Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

enzo1 Therapy Thread
RE: questions to my new apap
(07-20-2022, 08:54 AM)enzo1 Wrote: And why are my central apneas with the mask at home 3.2/h but in the sleep lab 0.5/h ?

That's not a clinically significant difference. It can fluctuate like that for no reason. Sometimes you have to look at several days or sometimes weeks of data to draw conclusions.

(07-20-2022, 09:00 AM)enzo1 Wrote: Is my Leak rate normal ?

There are are large chunks of time where your leak rate is elevated. Most likely mouth-leaking. You can try a full face mask or a chin strap. Both are available from your equipment supplier and most likely covered by your insurance. Or you youu can buy a soft cervical collar.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your APAP algorithms via analysis of the flow rate picks when to shift from exhale to inhale. Trigger adjusts the timing/sensitivity of that shift. This can literally trigger you to breathe at the onset of a central. A higher setting so you trigger with a smaller change is we would be trying to accomplish. While not designed to do that it is effective for a number of people.
Post Reply Post Reply
So what would you advice me to do ? 
Furthermore i had some trouble with gastritis, reflux and bronchitis in the past. All of them in a chronic way. I dont know whether that information helps but i hope it does.
Post Reply Post Reply
How do you feel now?
We have the obstructive and UARS under control, and your centrals at a manageable low level. Going forward is based on oow you feel, and be critical.

Options are

to hold here and monitor.

Get a VAuto now, which you don't need for what it is designed for, obstructive events. It may help with the bronchitis if that worsens and leads to difficulty breathing. This can always be done later.

Work on improving comfort now. Do what? I don't know how you feel other than anxious.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-20-2022, 10:17 AM)enzo1 Wrote: So what would you advice me to do ? 

About the leaks? Full face mask is the best option in my opinion.

Quote:Furthermore i had some trouble with gastritis, reflux and bronchitis in the past. All of them in a chronic way. I dont know whether that information helps but i hope it does.

CPAP therapy has been known to help with reflux. Also with anxiety.

My best advice to you is to be patient. Keep monitoring your data and posting the results here like you are doing, but adjust your expectations. CPAP therapy is an instant cure for some, but for most of us adapting is a struggle. The good news is that the adaptation period ends and the suffering stops.

If you continue to sleep without the CPAP machine the adaptation period is, well, how to say it ... ? You can't adapt to something unless you do that something. And you can't half do it. You have to make a commitment to do it whenever you sleep. Even for a short nap.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am still quite tired. 
So i dont need a Bipap for now, meaning a bipap would not make better results ? 
If you are asking about my emotional state i am a complete wreck.
Post Reply Post Reply
A BiPap will not hurt you but any benefits would be marginal. If/when you need a new machine I'd get the VAuto, keep the same effective identical settings, they are called by different names, then up the Trigger setting a notch. But I expect that to be a marginal change. There is no harm, other than to the pocket book, for the upgrade
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my third night,
let me know what you guys think.

Still quite tired by the way.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You guys have any idea about the central apneas by the way ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2022, 08:29 AM)enzo1 Wrote: Here is my third night,
let me know what you guys think.

Lots of mouth-leaking.

Quote:Still quite tired by the way.

Leaks could be a contributing factor.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,073 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 169 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,361 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,213 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.