Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

equivalent for machine upgrade
equivalent for machine upgrade
A friend of mine who's not in the forum yet has an older machine (Remstar Auto A Flex -system 1) He wants to buy a new machine & ask me what would be the equivalent machine to order today.   Dont-know  Would it be a regular c pap machine (airsense 10 autoset) or a more sophisticated one ? 

I believe he had that machine in 2016. Written in the back - Remstar Auto Can 561-A. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Bag-head  snorybob.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: equivalent for machine upgrade
The direct decedent of the System One 60 series Auto CPAP is the Philips Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP. A slight upgrade in my opinion is the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider:

Thank you for the quick reply. I don't know much about machines & belevied he had a Resmed. Good think I asked! He thought he had one of those expensive machine. He's definitely getting a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. With your answer you just gave him a good reason to join ABF!

Thanks
   Bag-head snorybob.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also agree with Sleeprider. I've had the Dreamstation and every machine prior in the Respironics lineup. Currently use the Resmed machine and by far is the better machine. Better form factor, better humidifier tub for user friendliness, better response for auto on. However, both machines will serve the purpose of treating sleep apnea. Just dont let your friend go without.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
JessieLee:

I sure will let him know your review. I think he his going to order the - autoset for her - model, for the extra algorythm.

Thanks  

Bag-head snorybob.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 107 8,040 01-24-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Does ResMed plan to upgrade to 5G ? 3disorders 1 484 11-16-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,141 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  How hard is it to upgrade with Medicare ? Nightynite 2 551 11-02-2023, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset firmware upgrade? Tomislav 6 2,732 01-05-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Tomislav
  ResMed Equivalent of a Respironics Mask jimchi 6 725 11-25-2022, 06:49 PM
Last Post: jimchi
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 857 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.