Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

erratic vs calm oxygen waveform
RE: erratic vs calm oxygen waveform
What does the ODI have to do with AF or heart tests? Was that just an example?
Post Reply Post Reply
I had an awake ODI of 26.4, over 4.5 hours.

and yet I've had an overnight sleeping ODI of 13.1, over 6.5 hours.

Seems that I have a lower ODI overnight because of the "calm" sections bringing the average down.

Does this mean I have awake disordered breathing?
Post Reply Post Reply
Again, I think you are trying to squeeze too much diagnosis from too little data. If you are soon having a sleep study, you will have the full picture for sleep before long. If you are concerned about your daytime breathing, I strongly recommend that you talk to your doctor about that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep that's exactly what I will be doing, I will update you all since I know you are dying to know  Too-funny

Just thinking out loud really, and posting here has brung me to this conclusion.

From my limited knowledge though I would have expected the ODI to be higher when asleep rather than awake if it were apnea though, not the reverse, wouldn't you? 

If so I think the problem could just be a deviated septum. "Markedly deviated septum causes nasal obstruction that has been shown to decrease oxygen saturation".
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 364 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Which is the most normal waveform? SingleH 9 330 03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 816 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 603 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 1,011 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  Erratic flow rate jsmdz 0 278 01-27-2024, 05:57 PM
Last Post: jsmdz
  erratic flow rate graph on ASV normal? jaredihnen 2 289 01-24-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: jaredihnen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.