Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

europe - S9 Power Supply
europe - S9 Power Supply
will my resmed s9 work ok in europe?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: europe
The manual that came with mine says that it does. The S9 AutoSet's power supply automatically adapts to 240V (50-60Hz), but you still need to buy a simple adaptor so that it can fit inside the european sockets. No need for a voltage converter.

My S9 is a new unit though. Good idea to check your own power supply that came with it just to be sure.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi garry3555,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question and I hope you have a nice time in Europe.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Depending on where you are travelling to in Europe you may need different adapters or a one universal adapter. The plug and socket type for Ireland and UK are totally different to other European countries.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may need to invest in a travel adapter set that allows for the different plug styles in various countries.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2013, 08:22 PM)garry3555 Wrote: will my resmed s9 work ok in europe?

I live in England and have a ResMed s9.

As others have said, you will need a plug adapter as sockets vary somewhat - the UK/Eire is different from mainland Northern Europe, which in turn is different from Southern Europe. You can buy adapters at airports as well as many supermarkets and chemists (drug stores).

Buying distilled water for humidifiers, however, is not easy in the UK. Unlike the US, drug stores and supermarkets don't tend to sell it, so you may have to use bottled water.

Post Reply Post Reply
Apparently, although I have no first-hand knowledge of this, distilled water is sometimes available in hardware stores for use in steam irons.
Post Reply Post Reply
The need for distilled water is less an issue in most of UK and many European places. At least from what I have heard. It is why the Brits are so confused as to why so many of us use clothes dryers when so few use them in the UK. If I were to hang my jeans on the line, they would come down stiff as a board. Same with most other clothes due to the mineral content in the water. This is not an issue in the UK.

You will be just fine using bottled water.

The main reason for the distilled thing is the mineral content. Distilled water is not always sterile (and certainly isn't after you open the lid), but it has no mineral content. This is the white stuff you see on glasses. It can also be the brown stains in sinks if it is a location with "heavy" water.

If you are going there to visit, use the bottled water then, if you notice any non-removable white stains, you can use it as backup and get another tub. Easy fix. The non-take-apart tub is very cheap and hurts less if you choose to toss it.

As for the power outlet, adapters are sold just about everywhere nowadays. Your best bet is a luggage specialty store.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes - as a matter of fact, if you get the 30W power supply it comes with about a half doz (?) international plugs that go right on the back of the power supply and it hangs out of the socket. That is the power supply I travel with.

Do not try and run the H5i with the unit if using the 30W PS.

OMyMy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: europe - S9 Power Supply
I travel with high school students every 2 years to Germany for a month. (Yes, I'm crazy). I give them the following information.

Reminder: If you are bringing anything that needs to be plugged in, you need and adaptor. An adaptor allows the American prongs on a plug to fit into a German electrical outlet.
If your power brick does not have this info on it “100-240V~50/60Hz” then you also need a converter also called a transformer. Radio Shack, Walmart and Amazon sell them. If you have a high energy appliance such as some curling irons, you will need to make sure that you buy the one that can handle the voltage needed.

Check your power brick to see if you need a converter or just an adaptor. I also tell the students that some adaptors are better than others, as in the picture below. You can buy the round adaptors on Amazon. I have not seen them in any of the local stores. The outlet shown below should be the same for all European countries on the continent. The UK has different outlets.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 229 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,419 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 405 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirCurve power problem Shamus54 10 981 10-30-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Shamus54
  Resmed Airsense 11 blowing full power with no leaks bcodemz 2 870 10-29-2023, 07:57 PM
Last Post: bcodemz
  [Equipment] Portable Backup Power for Outages Craige 4 570 10-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Craige

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.