Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

events, alcohol, coffee and masks
RE: events, alcohol, coffee and masks
I have knowledge of 2 of these things that may help explain.

Alcohol would be a very good explanation if you were consuming enough of it to become intoxicated. At some point after intoxication, the hangover effect happens. If you go to bed intoxicated from earlier drinking, thay effect could possibly come 3 hours later. It does that for me if I over-indulge and i find myself up at 3 or 4 AM taking mineral replacements and water.

Coffee is a touchy subject as most of us would likely be better without a massive dose of adrenal crashing stimulant first thing in the morning, but I love mine too. Just from memory of recent research, there are 3 issues with coffee. First, some people with gluten intolerance, or sensitivities can be affected as coffee seems to be a cross-reactant which can trigger similar effects. Secondly, coffeee can be an auto-immune trigger for people dealing with any number of auto-immune diseases... Depending on which part of the immune system is going haywire, there is a 50/50 chance that coffee can be a problem for you... Third issue is what seems to affect myself. Coffee causes reduction in appetite while also triggering rapid metabolism and calorie burn. We need fuel to go with it. I often neglect to eat brakfast with my morning coffeee and punish myself this way quite often. I have gotten some help from a trick i found somewhere and found it actually quite enjoyable. Add a teason or tablespoon of unrefined coconut oil to the coffee. Good for the heart and body and it will be used as fuel in this way to help prevent or reduce the crash.

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2015, 12:30 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(05-27-2015, 12:20 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Coffee is easy to check. Give it up for three weeks.

OH NO, MR. BILL! That wouldn't be something I could do! Give up food for three weeks. Give up tv for three weeks. Give up shaving and showering for three weeks. (provided Mrs. R_G is out of town, that is). Give up bacon for three weeks. But couldn't give up coffee for three weeks. That just wouldn't be right.

Amen retired_guy, I agree with you. My Keurig machine is my best friend in the morning. Rolleyes

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2015, 04:17 PM)MaddMike Wrote: I often neglect to eat brakfast with my morning coffeee and punish myself this way quite often. I have gotten some help from a trick i found somewhere and found it actually quite enjoyable. Add a teason or tablespoon of unrefined coconut oil to the coffee. Good for the heart and body and it will be used as fuel in this way to help prevent or reduce the crash.

That's an interesting suggestion. I also tend to skip breakfast for my morning espresso with miss silvia and mid-morning french press/aeropress at work. It's not doing my any favors but I must. Anyway, what does coconut oil benefit you with?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2015, 05:37 PM)antdroid Wrote:
(06-03-2015, 04:17 PM)MaddMike Wrote: I often neglect to eat brakfast with my morning coffeee and punish myself this way quite often. I have gotten some help from a trick i found somewhere and found it actually quite enjoyable. Add a teason or tablespoon of unrefined coconut oil to the coffee. Good for the heart and body and it will be used as fuel in this way to help prevent or reduce the crash.

That's an interesting suggestion. I also tend to skip breakfast for my morning espresso with miss silvia and mid-morning french press/aeropress at work. It's not doing my any favors but I must. Anyway, what does coconut oil benefit you with?

May I gently suggest that you treat your body the same way you treat your vehicle? You would not expect your car or truck or whatever type motor vehicle you drive to run without fuel. It is the same with our body. Coconut oil, in addition to tasting good if you like coconut, and there are brands that do not have the coconut flavor taste to them, also is a great skin moisturizer.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2015, 03:37 PM)antdroid Wrote: Giving up coffee is borderline insanity.

What borderline?
Post Reply Post Reply
Jackson Browne said it best - "Running on Empty..."

You'll be surprised at how much less coffee you consume if you first drink a glass of cold water in the morning.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Cold water with a nice palmful of unrefined mineral salt is a great thing to do before coffee. The salt helps hydrate you and counteract the diuretic affect of the coffee. Keeps you hydrated during the day long.
As for fats, they are fuel. Its complex how our bodies work, but this fat provides caloric energy for lifes activities when used properly. I straightened out mu cholesterol just bu adding in good fats, and yoir brain needs this stuff to do its thing as well. Unrefined keeps the lipod profile intact and also doesnt kill off the vitamin E. Heat processed oils are all bad, even the "good" ones. Look for supercritical CO2 extraction (for fish oil) and cold pressed (everything else)as terms to go by.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 66 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 6 165 03-15-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 147 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 9 225 03-12-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 229 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 725 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 318 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.