Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

export of Cheyne Stokes parameter
export of Cheyne Stokes parameter
I need to watch the temporal evolution of my CSR data with my own plotting software. However, I can not find this parameter in the exported csv file.

Can this be changed in the preferences file?

Andreas Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: export of Cheyne Stokes parameter
Show me an example of your CSR.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
warrawagine - Are referring to the Flow Rate data? If so, its data is sampled several times a second. The magnitude of the data, if converted to a CSV format would be larger than any spreadsheet program could handle.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Crimson Nape

No I am rreferring to the percentage of time in CSR. That is one number per day.

Cheers Andreas
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider

I have attched the information regarding my sleep apnoe. At the beginning of treatment I was diagnosed with a strong and complex sleep apnoe.
The data gap at the end of 2020 and the beginning of 2021 is due to a trial of an ASV machine that unfortunately been refused by the health insurance with costs arguments.

It seems to me that the obstructive component has decreased and only a small??? CA with an occasional CSR is left.
I would like to pbserve in a plot how the CA and CSR is evolving with time. For this I need the CSR value for each day which I can not find in the exported CSV file.
As the CSR and CA are varying strongly with time I would like to plot their running means.

Thanks for your help
Andreas

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
two points
1. ResMed reports all Periodic Breathing as CSR
2. This example, while it has some of the characteristics of CSR, is not CSR. It is periodic breathing.

can you appeal the ASV as being medically necessary?
Post Reply Post Reply
If this occurs often, or continues, you should request a titration that includes ASV or just pay out of pocket. Most physicians will check left ventricular ejection fraction before prescribing ASV as it is considered a risk factor. CPAP will never correct your central apnea. Your periodic breathing that is flagged as CSR is actually because you are at your apneic threshold (on the verge of central apnea) with your CPAP therapy. This periodic breathing is a form of feedback loop of CA followed by recovery breathing (larger flow and volume than normal), and the cycle repeats and slowly decreases becoming variable or periodic breathing before normal respiration is seen at the end. We think what happens is that following the first pause, you take a large recovery breath which may lower your serum CO2 (HCO3) causing minor hypocapnia which reduces respiratory drive. We can see flow diminishes then suddenly increases as HCO3 increases and spikes your respiratory drive resulting in more recovery breathing that terminates in a full CA event.

This pattern is often made worse by pressure support or EPR because it increases ventilation which helps to flush CO2. If you turn off EPR or use a low setting like 1 you may see improvement in your CAI.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
It's definitely no CSR. That sort of periodic breathing may occur from time to time, I wouldn't worry.
Post Reply Post Reply
Given how often the ResMed machines lable periodic breathing as CSR, I'm not sure it makes much sense to bring it out in the Summary csv file. I think it could cause more worry than it would alleviate.

I will bring it to the Software forum for discussion.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your advice.

I have changed EPR from 3 to 1 during one night. As a consequence CAI increased to 9 and the CSR percentage to 30%. My sleep was heavily disturbed. So I went back to EPR=1. CAI dropped then down to 0.6 and the CSR percentage to 0% during the following night.

I had an ASV Resmed for a month for testing which made disappear CAI and CSR to very low levels and my doctor applied for it. However,  my health insurance company does not provide ASV machines any more.

I will watch my apnea and buy an ASV machine when it becomes necessary.

How can periodic breathing be distinguished from CSR breathing?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Export CSV Empty? Only Headers? Wellue/ViHealth PhadeL 0 188 03-05-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: PhadeL
  OSCAR export all data each day/each moment Jan Flikweert 1 441 12-05-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Expat31
Question How export all days for oximeter (O2 Ring) data only (no CPAP) ? DavidEsp 10 2,429 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar File Export Sessions DanEm 32 1,888 09-07-2023, 01:32 AM
Last Post: DanEm
  OSCAR and ResScan export to csv notis58 0 609 04-24-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: notis58
  Cheyne-Stokes not shown on OSCAR w/ new Autosense 10 !! JoyD. 2 519 02-26-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: JoyD.
  Leak Data Export herenthere 3 523 02-11-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: herenthere

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.