Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

extremely tired all the time. need advice.
RE: extremely tired all the time. need advice.
G'day dorlow. I'm with you - I hate the bloody thing! Unfortunately I have to use it because the alternative is too horrible to contemplate.

You know there may well be other issues at play here besides sleep apnea. Have you had a full medical and bloods? There are a lot of conditions which can cause fatigue / sleepiness, including low vitamin D, low thyroid function, anaemia, and a bunch of others. Some of them are nasty, like leukemia, so make sure all these bases are covered.

Reading back over your posts there are a couple of things that don't make sense, and suggest to me that your cpap therapy has never been set up properly from the start. Your profile says you have a Resmed S8 Escape - this is a constant pressure machine which gives extremely limited data. But you also said your doctor set the machine to APAP - can't be done. Either the doc doesn't know what he's doing, or he's failed to communicate properly with you. This is fundamental and needs to be sorted.

Second, the S8 was a good machine in its time but is now two generations old. Importantly, it provides extremely limited data - not enough to really work out what's going on. You need to get hold of a modern data capable machine like an Airsense Autoset. This will provide real actual information that you can use to fine-tune your therapy and get some value out of it. But only if you commit to use it and follow through with the necessary monitoring. You need to do this yourself - your doc can't do it for you.

Finally - you think it's humiliating to wear a mask in bed at night? It won't be nearly as humiliating as getting old and decrepit before your time, having a stroke at the age of 50 and needing a nurse to wipe your arse every day for the rest of your life. It's time to toughen up, Princess!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2016, 08:44 PM)dorlow Wrote: I am now on T injections. This could be why I'm constantly tired. But could low T levels cause sleep apnea or sleep apnea type symptoms at night during my sleep study? It only makes sense the sleep studies had to be correct and I have sleep apnea and if I'm waking up multiple times an hour, obviously I'm not getting the sleep I need.

For many people, CPAP therapy has to be tweaked to get it to work. If you're not willing to do that then you will continue to lead a miserable sleep-deprived life and die early of a heart attack or stroke.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, Cpap is a pain in the a...!, having to wear ugly masks and 'trying' to sleep is a challenge.... But its is well worth the effort. Untreated apnea and the effects on your health cannot be overstated...

Hang in there - it will get bettter
Post Reply Post Reply
Low T = less ability to move oxygen and a host of other problems. Do some homework and read about yourself. Nobody has more skin in the game than you.Okay

Post Reply Post Reply
Might be a long shot but I tried "The Blood Sugar Solution" by Dr. Mark Hyman a couple years ago and had the most energy I have had since I can remember. It does take some discipline though. You can start with the 10 day detox program to get it going. Dr. Mark Hyman is the guy behind it. The idea is you give up sugar and food that quickly converts to sugar. Let me know if you want more details. [commercial website link removed per Apnea Board Rules]

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
One way to tell if you have sleep apnea is buy a voice activated tape recorder and keep it by your bed and it will give you a very accurate account of what is happening.(snoring)
It will tell if you are snoring and if you are breathing properly, this is what I did years back.
My snoring was bad and breathing was somewhat reasonable.
Your partner might be a heavy sleeper and might not have a accurate account because she is trying to sleep.
You can use the recorder for other things also, its the only other way I can suggest to find if you are suffering.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is a good idea, but not everyone with SA snores.
Post Reply Post Reply
Years ago I tried the voice activated tape recorder. I was shocked when I played it back. Never did that again. It was about 15 years after that before I started cpap. My wife and I both have hard heads and suffer for the lack of treatment. Now we are just trying to lessen the suffering. Stupid is as Stupid does somebody said.

I think I am going to set up a video recorder of my sleep to see if it will also shock me. Maybe this time I will pay more attention. I could link it up to the SleepyHead data and the oxygen readings...Eat-popcorn It will not be the same as seeing Maryland Monroe for the first time. Winklike

Maybe I could find somebody willing to edit it so it's funnySleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2016, 11:40 PM)Canuck 2 Wrote: One way to tell if you have sleep apnea is buy a voice activated tape recorder and keep it by your bed and it will give you a very accurate account of what is happening.(snoring)
It will tell if you are snoring and if you are breathing properly, this is what I did years back.
My snoring was bad and breathing was somewhat reasonable.
Your partner might be a heavy sleeper and might not have a accurate account because she is trying to sleep.
You can use the recorder for other things also, its the only other way I can suggest to find if you are suffering.

"There is an App for that" Grin

I downloaded an app to my Android (Samsung Galaxy S4) phone.

The app is by SnoreLab, it is free, it can also be upgraded to a premium version for a fee.

There is sufficient information free version to give you some insight in to your night of sleep.

The app records audio, and also presents it in graph form, you can scroll through to the peak points to listen to how loud you get, or you can listen to the whole night if you wish. Oh-jeez

Data can be saved, and exported.
It gives time started/stopped, time monitoring, time snoring, snore score, remedies, factors.... and lots of other stuff (some of it only if you upgrade).

Might be worth downloading for an initial check... better than paying out for a recording machine you will only use for a few nights to get an idea of your snoring.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I will try it.Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 66 1,048 2 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Is there a way to change the Resmed 10 time from Miliary Time? johnathanb76 6 83 3 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 8 181 Yesterday, 08:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 137 04-17-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 224 04-16-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 177 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 122 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.