Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

eye mask
eye mask
Does anyone have any ideas for a good eye mask to go on under a full face mask and chinstrap?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: eye mask
(03-01-2014, 10:52 AM)Lukie Wrote: Does anyone have any ideas for a good eye mask to go on under a full face mask and chinstrap?

Swimmers goggles!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2014, 10:52 AM)Lukie Wrote: Does anyone have any ideas for a good eye mask to go on under a full face mask and chinstrap?

I don't know brands or anything like that but there are those eye masks that people use to keep the light out of their eyes. They aren't bulky and are light weight. Don't know if that is what you are looking for or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the purpose to keep out light, or to keep air from blowing in your eyes, or what? Different ideas for different needs? Details desired please?
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Lukie, you cannot breathe through an eye mask. You can use a nasal mask, or some other stuff. But not an eye mask. Eyes are for looking at stuff. Not taking stuff in. Well, maybe except for the beautiful Vermont springtime.
Post Reply Post Reply

I don't know. Maybe if you asked The Lone Ranger or Tonto they could suggest something....Dielaughing
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Victoria Secret has some lovely eye masks Big Grin
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

So am I correct in assuming that you are trying to limit light while you are sleeping? I think just about any of the soft material sleep masks would work. You would probably need to fuss with it for a few nights to get it in the right position. Of course it might also need to be altered. Sometimes exactly what you want is just not made and that's when the needle and thread come out! Smile Good luck!
Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2014, 06:43 PM)mjbearit Wrote:

So am I correct in assuming that you are trying to limit light while you are sleeping? I think just about any of the soft material sleep masks would work. You would probably need to fuss with it for a few nights to get it in the right position. Of course it might also need to be altered. Sometimes exactly what you want is just not made and that's when the needle and thread come out! Smile Good luck!
Mike

No I am getting a lot of eye issues from leaking into the eyes regardless of the mask nasal or full face (I hate pillows)
I need a mask to keep out air leaks and last night I used one that I had that worked quite well. Between the chin strap and they eye mask I slept solid with no arousals.
Post Reply Post Reply
Now, to add ear-plugs, and then mittens...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,626 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,287 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,861 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,111 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,444 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,876 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,583 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.