Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

eye mask
RE: eye mask
No mittens no ear plugs just a good mask to prevent the air from making my eyes any worse.
Since starting CPAP my eye pressures have gone from 21 to 25 which is basically almost glaucoma.
My left eye is red and irritated. My eye doc said I had to figure out some way to stop the air
from drying out my eyes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mainly was poking myself with a stick. Getting ready for bed is becoming more and more of a production for me. I too used to have a mask that worked perfectly for me except for blowing air into my eyes, and I too wore an eye mask for a while til I got rid of the offending mask.

Between strapping on my Oximeter, filling my water chamber, washing my face, changing clothes, wiping the mask down, taking my night meds, strapping the mask on (can't do it lying down), laying down, then plugging my hose in - then forgetting to do something, unplugging the hose, getting out of bed and walking around the house with my mask on...

Plus the real possibility that I will need to add the tennis ball sewn in shirt to the list soon... I get tired just thinking about it all.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it can get tiresome. My night time rituals get longer and longer every year.
And some nights I have to go through all my 8 masks to find one that
fits me for that night. Then there s the nose sprays and gels and the chin strap and the Vick's on the feet it goes on and on.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lukie,
I know what you mean, you so badly want to go to bed and oh boy, you suddenly remember about 3, maybe 4 things you forgot to do before you get there.
BTW, I hope you find a workable solution for your eye mask.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-02-2014, 08:19 PM)Lukie Wrote: No mittens no ear plugs just a good mask to prevent the air from making my eyes any worse.
Since starting CPAP my eye pressures have gone from 21 to 25 which is basically almost glaucoma.
My left eye is red and irritated. My eye doc said I had to figure out some way to stop the air
from drying out my eyes.

I really was serious about the little Swimmers goggles that swim teams use [ Not a divers mask ] , I used a pair when using a Resmed Quattro FX full face mask . The mask was very comfortable but felt like the mask had two small vents right into the eyes all night long but did not leak enough that the machine couldn't compensate . used that setup for a month . Worked ! just had to get over the wife snickering at me at bed time . Big Grinnie
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2014, 08:05 PM)Lukie Wrote: Yes, it can get tiresome. My night time rituals get longer and longer every year.
And some nights I have to go through all my 8 masks to find one that
fits me for that night. Then there s the nose sprays and gels and the chin strap and the Vick's on the feet it goes on and on.

Exactly~! Remember the good ol days when we were young(er) - going to bed was simply peeling off clothes and getting under the covers? And, even then, some steps were optional?

I swear, I almost need a checklist to go over before I get into bed now~!
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
don't forget to add washing your face at night before masking up.
Post Reply Post Reply
TBH these days I am just happy no one comes in my office and finds me sleeping at my chair. Added to that my wife doesn't poke 25x on every car ride asking "are you awake?" Not that this cpap thing has been easy, but the alternatives are worse.

I was in the dollar store last weekend and I saw a pair of very light weight swimmers goggles with some rubbery stuff around the eyes, I wonder if that might help you.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
The one that the airlines used to give would work if you can find any like that. they are light weight and not bulky like swimming goggles. JMHO and YMMV
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2014, 07:31 PM)me50 Wrote: The one that the airlines used to give would work if you can find any like that. they are light weight and not bulky like swimming goggles. JMHO and YMMV

Well last night I think I bypassed the whole issue. I went back to a nasal mask that doesn't leak like the full face and used it with my ruby red chin strap and I didn't have leaks around the eyes and my AHI was 0.0 so we are back on the nasal again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,528 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,217 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,757 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,426 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,835 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,532 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.