Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

f20 airtouch leaking
f20 airtouch leaking
Trying my first Full Face mask f20 air touch is is leaking excessively. Can't get a good seal tried loose tight ect. I used the size chart and am a large. I currently use a Mirage fx nasal mask and have been getting excellent results. Is the silcon mask for this going to work any better? I would like to figure this out before my next order Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: f20 airtouch leaking
I'm awfully new to this myself. Have you tried holding the mask up to your face, so that there are no leaks, and then tightening the straps?

This blog article may help give some ideas. Search on "Taming the Mirage Quattro."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi tricountytrail,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy and finding a mask that works for you.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't tried the foam cushion on the F20 AirTouch yet. I can tell you the silicone cushion on the F20 AirFit seals very well against my face. It has a softer compound on the inside that seems to grip even better once pressure is applied.  The AirFit cushion seems to form a good seal whether I have the straps tight or loose. YMMV, etc. (I'm new at this - only two weeks in - so this is just one data point from a newb)

According to ResMed, the two masks are identical except for the cushions, so you could swap in the cushion from the AirFit (large is p/n 63469) and see if you like it better.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same experience with the Airtouch F20. I had much better luck with the silicon version, and I love the floaty feel on my face. I do think the F20 is meant to sit lower on the bridge of the nose than the F10 and other FFMs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Newbie here also, had the same problem and bought one of these........

(hope its ok to post links)
Commercial Link Removed, instead, do a google search for cpap mask comfort covers.

It was cloth and seemed to work well, solved my problem but still wound up going to a nasal pillow mask, I never could get used to a full face. If you search for mask liners there are a bunch of different makers I really dont which one is best, I've read on here Resmed also sells a F20 mask with a foam cushion that might not be a bad idea.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2017, 07:11 PM)tricountytrail Wrote: Trying my first Full Face mask f20 air touch is is leaking excessively. Can't get a good seal tried loose tight ect. I used the size chart and am a large. I currently use a Mirage fx nasal mask and have been getting excellent results. Is the silcon mask for this going to work any better? I would like to figure this out before my next order Thanks.

I am another newbie but maybe my experience with bad heavy leaks with the F20 may be helpful.I am back in CPAP for a month after non compliance first time but tried the apAmara View and AirFit F20 and both leaked heavily.  I had a Large Air fit cushion and size large cushion on the Amara View.  Found my leaks mostly occurred on the lower portion when I tucked my chin or when my mouth opened.  Cervical brace helped but did not fully solve the leaks. 

Changed both cushions to size medium and along with wearing the cervical brace my heavy leaks disappeared and my leak problem is now pretty much under control.  The size of the cushions turned out to be the culprit in my case.  MIGHT be Worth trying a size smaller cushion along with daily cleaning and washing face before bedtime - worked for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found that wearing a chin strap with the Airtouch helped curtail the leaks.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 358 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 604 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 424 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 342 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 342 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 463 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.