Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

failure to record 2nd part of night
failure to record 2nd part of night
Although I put it back on after a pit stop, the AirSense 10 for Her did not continue recording data last night. It had a bit over 4 hours for the first stretch. The second was another 2.5 hours
I'm wondering if that is because 4 hours is the minimum amount of time you have to use it for compliance stats. If so, I can adjust that setting.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: failure to record 2nd part of night
Did you take out your card? Did you unlock the card before inserting back into machine? Did you seat the card all the way in so the display tells you it is preparing the card?

With my machine, it documents most all activity over a minute or two in length, and documents short periods even past eleven hours of usage in one night.
Post Reply Post Reply
It recorded the 1st part of the night, so yes, the card was in there, seated completely, and unlocked.

I put the mask back on and went back to sleep. The Auto-Start feature kicks on when breathing is detected, and it did,

Post Reply Post Reply
Not reporting based on SleepyHead or the ResMed MyAir? The MyAir takes a while to show results.
Post Reply Post Reply
Both ResScan and SleepyHead stopped at the same data amount - 4 hours, 11 minutes.

Post Reply Post Reply
There is no compliance setting that I am aware of in the A10. In my experience, the unit stops recording during a rainout condition. Check for condensation in your tube. If you have it you had rainout. If you are using Climateline tube set it to Auto and get a hose cover. If using standard tube reduce humidity and get a cover.

Another possible solution is the time setting. Make sure the time on the unit is set correctly. ResMed's day is noon to noon. If your unit is not set correctly it is possible that some of your sleep time is recorded on two successive "days" although it was one night for you.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a day where it recorded 2days of data on the same day. SleepyHead any way. Do not use ResScan. I just thought it was a fluke or something I did. Never happened again. One day out of compliance was no big deal so I ignored it.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2016, 05:56 PM)sonicboom Wrote: There is no compliance setting that I am aware of in the A10. In my experience, the unit stops recording during a rainout condition. Check for condensation in your tube. If you have it you had rainout. If you are using Climateline tube set it to Auto and get a hose cover. If using standard tube reduce humidity and get a cover.
Thanks. I hadn't noticed any condensation, but then, I didn't look, either. What does rainout do, exactly?

I found the setting in the ResScan for compliance monitoring; I changed itfrom 4 hours to 5 hours. That didn't make any difference when I re-uploaded that day.

(12-01-2016, 05:56 PM)sonicboom Wrote: Another possible solution is the time setting. Make sure the time on the unit is set correctly. ResMed's day is noon to noon. If your unit is not set correctly it is possible that some of your sleep time is recorded on two successive "days" although it was one night for you.
I do have the time set correctly, after reading someone else's post on time and the time change for Daylight Savings. I tend to go to sleep around 11:45 pm and get up around 7:30 am

Post Reply Post Reply
ResScan won't change the data on your machine.

Rainout - see this explanation from ResMed:

http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/sup...ation.html
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2016, 02:29 AM)sonicboom Wrote: ResScan won't change the data on your machine.

I wasn't expecting it to change the data. I was wondering if it would pick up the 2nd part of the night with a higher criteria. The answer was no.

That link on rainout explains what it is; it doesn't explain why the machine stops recording. How does the condensation prevent that?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eagerly seeking ancient CPAP part ! Visualist 3 278 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Visualist
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,724 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 460 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  F30 Full Face Mask - total failure?? BobH56 20 3,215 12-05-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rhwoe
  What is the best way to record SP02 for OSCAR Ghandi 2 425 09-08-2023, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Ghandi
  Alternative Part? sambo42xa 1 392 08-27-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: sambo42xa
  CPAP Failure, ASV Attempter, Still Failure ophiuchus 16 1,409 07-10-2023, 05:59 AM
Last Post: ophiuchus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.