Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

fatigue...HELP!
fatigue...HELP!
So I have the mask working mostly, but now I am soooo fatigued I just want to sleep all day. I have read others reports of this, is this normal??

My Tech will call me on Wednesday, I will ask for details of my data. I am not sure how long I can go being this tired, this is the worst I have ever felt...

Any ideas?? Sleep-on-pillowSleep-on-pillowSleep-on-pillow

Stephen
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: fatigue...HELP!
get the software so you can see your own data on a daily basis. Lot's of smart folks in here can help you I'm sure. Hang in there.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2014, 12:02 PM)StephenR Wrote: So I have the mask working mostly, but now I am soooo fatigued I just want to sleep all day. I have read others reports of this, is this normal??

My Tech will call me on Wednesday, I will ask for details of my data. I am not sure how long I can go being this tired, this is the worst I have ever felt...

Stephen

You can see what's going on by downloading SleepyHead software http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhead/ and letting it analyze the data on your memory card.

The memory card is on the back of your machine near the top. Just push it in until it clicks and it will pop out.

Once you download and unzip sleepyhead, just run sleepyhead.exe and it will prompt you the rest of the way. Then you can post screen shots.

The other advice I can give you is to be a squeaky wheel.

Your doctor (and sleep center, if you had a study done) gets paid a good chunk of money for testing and diagnosis, but once that's over, you're not a big profit center anymore (follow-up visits pay a lot less). The place you bought your equipment makes money when they sell you stuff, but once you have your equipment, they don't get much either, so there's little financial incentive for anybody to keep after your problems until they're solved.

The good news is that with a little software and some help, you can do a ton to help yourself. Also if you complain enough your doc and DME (hardware provider) they will actually be helpful.

Don't accept "feeling tired". Keep after it until you feel good. It takes a little while, mostly because the interface between you and the machine is "fussy" and tends to leak until you get everything worked out. It might take a while to get the right mask and adjust it properly, and even with an auto-set machine, it generally needs to be set to an appropriate rage to work really well.

Terry
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies...I am still on a trial for another 4 weeks, won't have my own machine/data til then...

Stephen
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2014, 12:02 PM)StephenR Wrote: So I have the mask working mostly, but now I am soooo fatigued I just want to sleep all day. I have read others reports of this, is this normal??

Stephen

We need to determine what model of machine you have. Take out the water tank so you don't spill water into the machine.

Then turn the machine over and look for something like "560 REF" on the label on the bottom. Also tell us what is says near the display. It will probably be "REMstar" something.

Once we know what machine you have, we can explain your options better.

BTW, new patients usually get royally screwed by their DME (CPAP seller) if they're not careful. Read the links in my signature line.

How long have you been on CPAP? Sometimes, new CPAPers feel a lot of fatigue. Your body makes a lot of adjustements to untreated apnea. I think that sometimes, people have sort of "apnea withdrawal" as their body readjusts. If your treatment is right, it usually goes away before too long.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2014, 03:22 PM)StephenR Wrote: Thanks for the replies...I am still on a trial for another 4 weeks, won't have my own machine/data til then...

Stephen

It doesn't matter if it's yours. If there's a card there, you can read it. (reading the card data is non-destructive).

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2014, 03:50 PM)tcarmen Wrote:
(07-28-2014, 03:22 PM)StephenR Wrote: Thanks for the replies...I am still on a trial for another 4 weeks, won't have my own machine/data til then...

Stephen

It doesn't matter if it's yours. If there's a card there, you can read it. (reading the card data is non-destructive).

No card, just a modem....

Stephen
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2014, 03:56 PM)StephenR Wrote: No card, just a modem....

Stephen

I think the card is behind the modem. You can take it off and see if the card is in there. If not, put in your own card.
Useful links.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2014, 04:11 PM)archangle Wrote:
(07-28-2014, 03:56 PM)StephenR Wrote: No card, just a modem....

Stephen

I think the card is behind the modem. You can take it off and see if the card is in there. If not, put in your own card.

Hah, you were correct, a little card hidden behind the modem, after I finish my work I will check it out...Thanks so much...

oh, the machine is an Remstar Auto 561 CA...

Stephen

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2014, 05:06 PM)StephenR Wrote: Hah, you were correct, a little card hidden behind the modem, after I finish my work I will check it out...Thanks so much...

oh, the machine is an Remstar Auto 561 CA...

Stephen

That's a very good machine. It should give you loads of information to help you track your therapy.
Useful links.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,108 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
  Low AHI still having extreme fatigue exchanged 2 586 11-15-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Low daytime SPO2 and fatigue vpsdub 30 3,070 09-28-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: vpsdub
  Chronic Fatigue despite good CPAP and Oximetry statistics. MoldyBagel 2 648 08-27-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MoldyBagel
  Extreme fatigue despite "low" (<5) AHI Uphold9887 38 3,405 08-23-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  [Treatment] Need help with severe fatigue and brain fog - AirCurve 10 ASV (Help with settings) MUARS 20 1,884 08-15-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Daytime fatigue w/ lower AHI, higher number of CA quartet3424 6 1,116 07-17-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.