Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

fed up
fed up
Im fed up with my AirFit N10 i shouldnt have waited. and called my provider on Thursday to see if she got her supplies in. These leaks are driving me nuts.Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: fed up
I sympathize with you, nothing is worse than leaky mask ruin your sleep
Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
My provider isnt open on saturday but does have emergency service could i consider this an emergency?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that I would if mine were open. I ordered a different type mask last night that I hope will stop my high leakage. Nobody I deal with is open on the weekend. Good luck to you.

otrpu
Love your family, treat your friend(s) well, and don't waste your time. Everything else is just so much BS. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry you are having so much trouble with your mask. I'm sure you've tried to resolve your leak issues.

You could watch some You Tube videos on how to fit your mask. Sometimes it's just an adjustment with the straps. Making them too tight can be as bad as too loose.

If you can't resolve this, then it's time to try a different mask.

As far as it being an emergency, only your provider can answer that. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do sympathize however I personally do not feel that qualifies as an 'emergency' which i am judging from the fact that I retired from a career working in EMS. But that said, each persons threshold of tolerability is different and as OpalRose suggested perhaps you should contact your provider.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
well on another forum i got to for sleep apnea someone just gave me a mess load of info on major leaks and according to what im seeing in Sleepyhead my "Large Leaks" arent really that bad. I havent been getting mr frowny face all that often so maybe im just over reacting. I am thinking of trying out the sleepweaver mask i was just watching the videos on it at Supplier #1
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi shadowfx78,
Good luck finding a mask that will work well for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Mr Frowny face is a red flag for a leak problem occurred during the night and the machine data cannot be trusted to be accurate. Mr Smiley face indicate mask fit is good (as far as the machine is concerned) and 70th percentile leak is less than 24 L/min
I don't think its all about leak numbers, because if leak whether large or small is disturbing or affecting the quality of your sleep then its a a problem ought to be fixed. On the other hand, if leak numbers are reasonable, no air leaks coming into contact with the eyes and sleep quality is decent, then we assume its all good, To get a better understanding of what is going on, look at the software leak graph
I would pay attention to mask fitting instructions, using the correct mask/cushion size and washing it daily to remove facial oils, squeaky clean mask works the best. Sometimes, mouth leaks can affect the numbers and sleep quality, chinstrap can helps with that. If mouth leak cannot be controlled using chinstrap, then full face mask might be the answer. I've tried many times but failed to make full face mask work for me YMMV

Post Reply Post Reply
i cant seem to find the leak graph on sleepyhead how do i get it to show? i just have the event flag.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.