Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[feedback Request] P30i vent issue
[feedback Request] P30i vent issue
Hi everybody,

I just recevied a new p30i and I having few difficulty with it, it's like the front vent is obstructed. (if I block the intake I can't inhal/exhal)
I tried to switch the vent of the second cushion and it's the same.

After investigate on it, that seem to be something wrong with the mesh filter support.

I found on the web this photo:

And this my vent:

As you can see that seem to be very different. On the original photo it's like the mesh is in a slot.

The P30i's owners could check this point please?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [feedback Request] P30i vent issue
Solved:

I have peeled small layers of the mesh filter and it's better. I don't feel again this suffocation. The noise is the same as before.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2021, 04:49 PM)biorn Wrote:  it's like the front vent is obstructed. (if I block the intake I can't inhal/exhal)

That's the way the P30i works: it allows only very few air to escape from the pillow through the mesh.  You shouldn't have modified it ... Try to get the mesh back wirer it belongs. And usually one won't block the intake, by the way.

With the removal you've disturbed (not to say: ruined) the amount of the intended flow, hence the mask won't work as it should.  Furthermore the mask will sound significantly louder.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2021, 04:23 AM)multicast Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 04:49 PM)biorn Wrote:  it's like the front vent is obstructed. (if I block the intake I can't inhal/exhal)

That's the way the P30i works: it allows only very few air to escape from the pillow through the mesh.  You shouldn't have modified it ... Try to get the mesh back wirer it belongs. And usually one won't block the intake, by the way.

With the removal you've disturbed (not to say: ruined) the amount of the intended flow, hence the mask won't work as it should.  Furthermore the mask will sound significantly louder.

I said the noise is the same Wink

And I ruined nothing, the diffuser is just here to diffuse the air concentration and the noise. It's Resmed ing who said that, and they have a second model without the polyester felt for clinical usage.

So the diffuser on my P30i reduce the airflow, and it shouldn't. So it's a problem with the density of the felt, bad quality control or issue with moisture. IDK
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2021, 04:23 AM)multicast Wrote: That's the way the P30i works.

Why make an air outlet if no one mL escape? If you have the same problem it's clearly a production issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm aware of the two different types of pillows as I owe both, but both pictures you've sent show essentially the same.  Here's a pic of the different pillows:

The pillow in front was the one with which the "early models" of the P30i came along.  Discarded by ResMed as it seems.  Notice the in the early pillows there was no mesh, hence significantly louder and providing an annoying airstream.  (I'm astonished to hear these are used for "clinical purposes": exactly which ones?!)

BTW: I habe no problem at all with my P30i, the mask of my sweetest dreams! And it's definitely not a production issue but a matter of engineerical design instead. And it isn't true the *no* air is escaping through the pillow, it's just a small amount.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2021, 01:12 PM)multicast Wrote: I'm aware of the two different types of pillows as I owe both, but both pictures you've sent show essentially the same.  Here's a pic of the different pillows:

The pillow in front was the one with which the "early models" of the P30i came along.  Discarded by ResMed as it seems.  Notice the in the early pillows there was no mesh, hence significantly louder and providing an annoying airstream.  (I'm astonished to hear these are used for "clinical purposes": exactly which ones?!)

I mean it's not the early model but the famous clinical. In fact they say 2 types of vents exist:

- one with mesh for home therapy : single patient / multi usage
- one with holes for clinical therapy : multi patient / multi usage

I mean it's an hygienic reason.

I'll post a 3d model when I'll back at home.

Do you have a difference of vent leaks between the two models? (that shouldn't be the case)

We are agree about the fact both pillows are same, just the vent change?
Post Reply Post Reply
I see: multi usage is a very good reason. But actually, I don't see any difference in the both pics you've posted (bedsides, the vent in our second pic isn't inserted properly). And the only difference is the vent, indeed. The pillows' bodies are the same.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2021, 01:12 PM)multicast Wrote: but both pictures you've sent show essentially the same.

Ya because basicly I just seek a reason why my vent is stoppered. So if you look at my 2 photos, on one you can see the holes and like an insert for the mesh. And on mine you juste see the mesh close to the borders.

That the big point of my question. If on your you see the mesh like mine and your vent work that just a mesh issue.

I hope you understand, my english need to b practiced.

In the mean time I've checked the vent leak and my f30i correspond to the datsheet and the original P30i vent is 35% below. (the modded is 5% below)

With the exhall pressure at 4cmH2O the motor has jerks with the original vent.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2021, 01:35 PM)multicast Wrote: bedsides, the vent in our second pic isn't inserted properly

What you mean exactly ? maybe you have a photo of a "properly insered" (if I understood that would confirm what I supposed)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help request... zsearcher 26 1,244 9 hours ago
Last Post: zsearcher
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 43 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 112 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,412 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 120 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.