Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

feeling dizzy from cpap
feeling dizzy from cpap
hi guys,  past couple days ive been feeling out of it during the day, lightheaded feeling overall.

my pressure settings seem fine, and at my follow up appointment sleep doctor said they were about as optimized as they could be atm.

my temperature setting is 27 degrees and humidity is 6.

i notice my resevoir empties quite quickly, i have to fill it up after about 6 hours or so.  but sleepyhead says no major leak issues.  what do you guys think?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: feeling dizzy from cpap
I have my humidity set on 5 and the temperature on its highest setting and a 3/4 full reservoir lasts all night for me with a tiny bit left over in the a.m. I wonder if a low relative humidity affects the rate of water use.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know why you are loosing so much water, you are using Nasal Pillows as well and unless you have a leak they should not be going through that amount of water.   I have my humidity set at 6 and have Nasal Pillows as well, I only use 3/4 of a tank if even that.  I do get slight leaks when I move, but they do seal quite quickly, usually.  I am on 12.5 pressure at the moment, but it does vary a bit, even when at 13 it still only uses 3/4 of a tank.
I would check for water getting past the seal in the water tank or where it connects to the machine.  You might still have a small leak, but not enough for the angry face.  Sleepyhead, I have no idea how much a leak you need for it to show.  If you had a constant leak, would Sleepyhead show it as a leak?

With my old machine and a tank that was a lot bigger (1 pint) I ran out of water within 4 hours, had to fill it every night, but on nights I didn't have a leak at all it would last all night.  After filling it would be 3/4 empty again, so that was 1 3/4 pints of water I was going through, humidifier was set on full, I could never get enough humidity, but then I was on 18 of pressure.

I would check for leaks around water chamber.   Thinking-about
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Light headed!  Are you getting enough oxygen?  it is fine for them to look at AHI, but are you able to breathe properly and get rid of by-products of your breath?

There is also a condition where the hairs that keep you balanced can get upset and they have to be reset and put back to lie in the right direction, it is just a question of manipulating the head to reset them.  They will not sort themselves out, it has to be done by a doctor.

Do you feel anything in the head or any popping or cracking or fizzing or zapping noises?
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I get this problem from too much humidity. Try turning it down some.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went back to your first thread and saw that you run at pretty high pressures. That by it's self will empty a water tub.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2017, 02:39 PM)mattm1 Wrote: hi guys,  past couple days ive been feeling out of it during the day, lightheaded feeling overall.

my pressure settings seem fine, and at my follow up appointment sleep doctor said they were about as optimized as they could be atm.

my temperature setting is 27 degrees and humidity is 6.

i notice my resevoir empties quite quickly, i have to fill it up after about 6 hours or so.  but sleepyhead says no major leak issues.  what do you guys think?

If your ears pop during cpap treatment or feel stuffed when you wake, you may have fluid build up behind the ear drum in the estuarine tube especially if you have had rainout or high humidification. That can cause dizziness and may take 1-2 weeks to clear. Lower the humidification and if it still doesn't get better, see your ENT for something to deal with the blocked ears.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you checked your blood pressure, are you on BP meds? cpap can treat BP
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
hi guys, i turned down the humidity setting to 5, it made it drain less slowly.

that said i still feel a bit out of it during the day. im concerned that it may be something like not enough oxygen. my nostrils are kinda small i guess. at 14-20 pressure, i can only get my ahi below 5 by wearing my small athletic mouthguard while i sleep. i upped it to 16-20 and that lowerred the ahi to about 3.5.

(12-29-2017, 11:15 AM)ajack Wrote: Have you checked your blood pressure, are you on BP meds? cpap can treat BP

im not on bp meds, i had it checked a couple weeks ago, was a little high, but nothing crazy.  like 130 i think.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've got my ASV humidifier set to 8 most nights with the heated hose on 86°F and I only use about half a tank a night, give or take a bit depending on which side of 4 hours I get, as in more or less than 4. To clarify, I average 4 hours sleep then do some things and get another 4 hours sleep later. My COPD makes me perpetually tired and struggling a bit with breathing FYI.

Here's to successes, lots-o-coffee

Dave
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 212 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 308 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 282 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 773 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 529 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,060 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 542 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.