Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

feeling dizzy from cpap
hi guys,  past couple days ive been feeling out of it during the day, lightheaded feeling overall.

my pressure settings seem fine, and at my follow up appointment sleep doctor said they were about as optimized as they could be atm.

my temperature setting is 27 degrees and humidity is 6.

i notice my resevoir empties quite quickly, i have to fill it up after about 6 hours or so.  but sleepyhead says no major leak issues.  what do you guys think?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I have my humidity set on 5 and the temperature on its highest setting and a 3/4 full reservoir lasts all night for me with a tiny bit left over in the a.m. I wonder if a low relative humidity affects the rate of water use.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know why you are loosing so much water, you are using Nasal Pillows as well and unless you have a leak they should not be going through that amount of water.   I have my humidity set at 6 and have Nasal Pillows as well, I only use 3/4 of a tank if even that.  I do get slight leaks when I move, but they do seal quite quickly, usually.  I am on 12.5 pressure at the moment, but it does vary a bit, even when at 13 it still only uses 3/4 of a tank.
I would check for water getting past the seal in the water tank or where it connects to the machine.  You might still have a small leak, but not enough for the angry face.  Sleepyhead, I have no idea how much a leak you need for it to show.  If you had a constant leak, would Sleepyhead show it as a leak?

With my old machine and a tank that was a lot bigger (1 pint) I ran out of water within 4 hours, had to fill it every night, but on nights I didn't have a leak at all it would last all night.  After filling it would be 3/4 empty again, so that was 1 3/4 pints of water I was going through, humidifier was set on full, I could never get enough humidity, but then I was on 18 of pressure.

I would check for leaks around water chamber.   Thinking-about

Post Reply Post Reply
Light headed!  Are you getting enough oxygen?  it is fine for them to look at AHI, but are you able to breathe properly and get rid of by-products of your breath?

There is also a condition where the hairs that keep you balanced can get upset and they have to be reset and put back to lie in the right direction, it is just a question of manipulating the head to reset them.  They will not sort themselves out, it has to be done by a doctor.

Do you feel anything in the head or any popping or cracking or fizzing or zapping noises?

Post Reply Post Reply
I get this problem from too much humidity. Try turning it down some.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I went back to your first thread and saw that you run at pretty high pressures. That by it's self will empty a water tub.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2017, 02:39 PM)mattm1 Wrote: hi guys,  past couple days ive been feeling out of it during the day, lightheaded feeling overall.

my pressure settings seem fine, and at my follow up appointment sleep doctor said they were about as optimized as they could be atm.

my temperature setting is 27 degrees and humidity is 6.

i notice my resevoir empties quite quickly, i have to fill it up after about 6 hours or so.  but sleepyhead says no major leak issues.  what do you guys think?

If your ears pop during cpap treatment or feel stuffed when you wake, you may have fluid build up behind the ear drum in the estuarine tube especially if you have had rainout or high humidification. That can cause dizziness and may take 1-2 weeks to clear. Lower the humidification and if it still doesn't get better, see your ENT for something to deal with the blocked ears.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you checked your blood pressure, are you on BP meds? cpap can treat BP
new http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...re_success
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
From machine or charts for auto-cpap, set the min 1cm below median pressure, or 2cm below 90/95%. max at 20cm for now. Forum will help you fine tune settings
Post Reply Post Reply
hi guys, i turned down the humidity setting to 5, it made it drain less slowly.

that said i still feel a bit out of it during the day. im concerned that it may be something like not enough oxygen. my nostrils are kinda small i guess. at 14-20 pressure, i can only get my ahi below 5 by wearing my small athletic mouthguard while i sleep. i upped it to 16-20 and that lowerred the ahi to about 3.5.

(12-29-2017, 11:15 AM)ajack Wrote: Have you checked your blood pressure, are you on BP meds? cpap can treat BP

im not on bp meds, i had it checked a couple weeks ago, was a little high, but nothing crazy.  like 130 i think.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I've got my ASV humidifier set to 8 most nights with the heated hose on 86°F and I only use about half a tank a night, give or take a bit depending on which side of 4 hours I get, as in more or less than 4. To clarify, I average 4 hours sleep then do some things and get another 4 hours sleep later. My COPD makes me perpetually tired and struggling a bit with breathing FYI.

Here's to successes, lots-o-coffee

Dave
Dave

Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a first step. My recommended first steps are getting good shoes and 2 cups o coffee

Wiki Info for Beginners
Sleepyhead Chart Organization
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New dreamstation apap user feeling fatigue richac 22 703 03-15-2018, 11:17 AM
Last Post: richac
Sad Feeling defeated... MorningGirl 23 719 03-04-2018, 03:40 PM
Last Post: foxfire
  [CPAP] Waking up, feeling unable to breathe with mask on darklazer32 12 782 12-24-2017, 08:42 AM
Last Post: bspengler
  Eight weeks in and not feeling rested SWsabre 30 1,625 10-09-2017, 02:54 AM
Last Post: Pineyk
  Less AHI with nasal mask, but feeling more fresh with full face mask que0x 5 387 09-10-2017, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Gary1of2
  Feeling exhausted chunchon 33 1,714 06-16-2017, 07:35 AM
Last Post: chunchon
  Feeling Worse Rowdy1 1 406 05-20-2017, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider