Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

feeling dizzy from cpap
RE: feeling dizzy from cpap
(01-06-2018, 09:36 PM)mattm1 Wrote: where im at i can get my ahi down below 5 consistently.  but im still baffled as to why ive felt so fatigued since i started therapy about 2months ago.

i wake up very tired, coffee doesnt do much about it.  my hobby is writing, i typically write at least 300 words a day.  that has slowed to almost nonexistent.  im low energy, i often feel tired in the early evening so ill try to go to bed early.  but i put the machine on and after about 1.5 hours its like the machine wakes me up again.  then im up late until i eventually fall asleep.

is there something im missing?  i started supplementing with vitamin d.  i have an oximeter that says my heart rate and saturation is ok.  but i feel like i havent had a decent nights sleep since i got the machine.

my doctor thinks it could be hormonal.  before the machine i had no trouble falling asleep at night.  im also generally a very passionate person about my hobbies like writing and creative endeavours.  but i feel like my fires been sucked away.  it sounds a bit dramatic, but its true!

Wat is your machine saying, is there anything showing high numbers on the machine.
A sleepyhead data chart would help a lot.  If you have a data card.  Yes, you have an Airsense10 if I remember rightly.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
these are the readouts from past few nights. i wore a cervical collar one night, but it was hurting my neck i couldnt' find a good position. i seem to always wake up same time early in the morning. maybe i have mouth leaks? I'm dimly aware of mild ones sometimes.

https://imgur.com/Dry2m1r

https://imgur.com/zay3tLb

https://imgur.com/gU9LnVH

https://imgur.com/yOZUxAA
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: Dry2m1r.png]
[Image: zay3tLb.png]

[Image: gU9LnVH.png]

[Image: yOZUxAA.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Impressions from the above graphs are, you have a variable time that you decide to go to bed. If the times are accurate, your sleep hygiene is at least partially responsible for your fatigue. You are using relatively high pressures and no exhale pressure relief (EPR). EPR, might make the therapy more comfortable. I don't know if it would improve, or make worse your current AHI, so if you decide to add EPR, go easy. Your pressures are consistently high enough that, in combination with your complaints of fatigue, you could probably quality for bilevel.

This may be a disappointment, but there is nothing remarkable about these charts that stands out to me to suggest changing pressure. Event rates are higher than ideal, but are mostly dispersed through the night, and evenly distributed between OA and CA. I wish I had more, but I'm not seeing much here that points to a direction to take with therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2018, 09:48 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Impressions from the above graphs are, you have a variable time that you decide to go to bed.  If the times are accurate, your sleep hygiene is at least partially responsible for your fatigue. You are using relatively high pressures and no exhale pressure relief (EPR).  EPR, might make the therapy more comfortable.  I don't know if it would improve, or make worse your current AHI, so if you decide to add EPR, go easy.  Your pressures are consistently high enough that, in combination with your complaints of fatigue, you could probably quality for bilevel.

This may be a disappointment, but there is nothing remarkable about these charts that stands out to me to suggest changing pressure.  Event rates are higher than ideal, but are mostly dispersed through the night, and evenly distributed between OA and CA.  I wish I had more, but I'm not seeing much here that points to a direction to take with therapy.

yah thats what i figured.  the epr on my machine goes up to 3.  whats the difference between a bilevel machine and simple setting epr?

i know that bilevel means you can set different inhale and exhale pressure, but what is the purpose of this?  is it because people find higher epap levels to difficult to tolerate?
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR and bilevel are very similar except for the range. Give it a try and see what shakes out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2018, 09:36 PM)mattm1 Wrote: where im at i can get my ahi down below 5 consistently.  but im still baffled as to why ive felt so fatigued since i started therapy about 2months ago.

i wake up very tired, coffee doesnt do much about it.  my hobby is writing, i typically write at least 300 words a day.  that has slowed to almost nonexistent.  im low energy, i often feel tired in the early evening so ill try to go to bed early.  but i put the machine on and after about 1.5 hours its like the machine wakes me up again.  then im up late until i eventually fall asleep.

is there something im missing?  i started supplementing with vitamin d.  i have an oximeter that says my heart rate and saturation is ok.  but i feel like i havent had a decent nights sleep since i got the machine.

my doctor thinks it could be hormonal.  before the machine i had no trouble falling asleep at night.  im also generally a very passionate person about my hobbies like writing and creative endeavours.  but i feel like my fires been sucked away.  it sounds a bit dramatic, but its true!

(01-07-2018, 10:28 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: EPR and bilevel are very similar except for the range.  Give it a try and see what shakes out.

ill give that a try.  the place that did my sleep study never did a titration on me, thats not scheduled until may.  i think im gonna find a new place, im getting crazy mood swings too, its a mess.  of course they had no problem selling me a machine without a titration.
Post Reply Post Reply
The number of men on the forum that find a need to supplement testosterone seems relatively high, and it may be a comorbidity of sleep apnea, and is certainly related to weight. If you have not done a test on free testosterone, it is a very easy screening and might reveal a cause for your feelings of fatigue, lack of energy and brain fog.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2018, 09:16 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The number of men on the forum that find a need to supplement testosterone seems relatively high, and it may be a comorbidity of sleep apnea, and is certainly related to weight.  If you have not done a test on free testosterone, it is a very easy screening and might reveal a cause for your feelings of fatigue, lack of energy and brain fog.

getting some blood work tests for hormone levels is a good idea, thanks for suggestion.  im going to do that.  i have gained weight a fair bit, heaviest ive been.  fatigue/weight gain are kind of a vicious cycle.  i havent had any energy to even workout.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck! I personally inject T-cypionate. It was a real shock to learn how low my levels were in 2014 when I started hormone replacement. I don't know if it was the heavy antibiotics from Lyme's, weight or other health issue, but it does make things easier.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 256 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 325 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 306 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 545 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,085 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 559 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.