Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10
Humidifier: installed
CPAP Pressure: 6.0 - 10.0 / EPR 2
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: feeling like not getting enough air
(07-14-2016 04:37 PM)RedSkip Wrote:  I'm fairly new, so it may not be the proper advice. But i turned off my autoramp feature and bumped my starting pressure from 4 to 6 cm H20 from the start.

I had the same feeling, but it was immediate, perhaps this doesn't pertain to your circumstance.

Skip

This me exactly. And I have not tried all of the solutions yet. I too turned off the ramp feature upped the min pressure. Both helped. I have periods when my pressure would rise without good explanation. Sure, probably flow limitations, but where did the flow limitations come from. Water in the vent makes sense to me. It would explain a lot of my issues.

Today the mask will get a good "scrubbing", not my usual "rinse". Also the humidity will drop 1 level.

Thanks for the post and solutions.

HuhDont-knowI am an accountant so any advice given here is not medical. If I give any financial advice, you can take it to the bank. However, you will have a hard time cashing it in. Okay
07-15-2016 06:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Grover64 Offline

Members

Machine: RESMed Air Sense 10
Mask Make & Model: RESMed P10
Humidifier: RESMed
CPAP Pressure: 12 - 15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(07-15-2016 06:17 AM)RedSkip Wrote:  28 Day Stint - Oilfield?

Yes mate I assume you know the drill 28 days of eat, sleep, work groundhog day.
07-16-2016 04:11 PM
Grover64 Offline

Members

Machine: RESMed Air Sense 10
Mask Make & Model: RESMed P10
Humidifier: RESMed
CPAP Pressure: 12 - 15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Thanks again everyone. I now see that this is not just me and there are several other threads regarding this. When I get home I might try to modify the mesh with a heated pin. I don't want to stuff it up while I am miles (or kilometres as the real world uses) away from any replacement masks. Dropping the humidity has certainly helped for now.

GroverThanks
07-16-2016 04:15 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
green wings Online

Advisory Members

Machine: Respironics System One RemStar Pro (460)
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10
Humidifier: integrated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 13.0 cm
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: using CPAP since Jan. 2016

Sex: Undisclosed

Oh, that will be a very interesting experiment. I hope you'll let us know how it turns out. SHa_biggrin5

I must be a pessimist, because when I read that you are thinking of doing that, my first thoughts were "it will probably start making a high-pitched whistling sound" and "what will that do to the detectable leaks calculation"?

Edit: I was just looking at another thread about the P10 mask where people are punching holes in the mesh right and left with no reported ill effects. I'm guessing you've read that thread, too.

(07-16-2016 04:15 PM)Grover64 Wrote:  Thanks again everyone. I now see that this is not just me and there are several other threads regarding this. When I get home I might try to modify the mesh with a heated pin. I don't want to stuff it up while I am miles (or kilometres as the real world uses) away from any replacement masks. Dropping the humidity has certainly helped for now.

GroverThanks
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2016 12:31 PM by green wings.)
07-17-2016 11:42 AM
pupcamper Online

Advisory Members

Machine: PR DreamStation CPAP Pro
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 Pillows; Quatro Air FFM
Humidifier: DreamStation Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10.5 cmH2O; no ramp; no C-Flex
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncorePro

Other Comments: Lung cancer survivor since 11/2004; CPAP since 11/2015

(07-16-2016 04:15 PM)Grover64 Wrote:  Thanks again everyone. I now see that this is not just me and there are several other threads regarding this. When I get home I might try to modify the mesh with a heated pin. I don't want to stuff it up while I am miles (or kilometres as the real world uses) away from any replacement masks. Dropping the humidity has certainly helped for now.

GroverThanks

Do you have your humidifier set on auto? It will control your humidity level better than manual which helps keep rain out down.

I haven't found it necessary to modify my P10. I stopped condensation on my mask by setting my humidifier to auto, the level to a medium level (3 out of 5) and keeping my room temperature 68 degrees F (20 degrees C) or above. YMMV.

"....respiration,—a troublesome practice, but one which custom has rendered necessary to our easy existence...." Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens- 1837

I use FlashPAP to load data from a FlashAir III wifi sd card in my machine to my computer and display it with SleepyHead .
robysue's Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
07-17-2016 12:41 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  When does the "tired" feeling go away? Cranberry Ray 8 495 11-30-2016 10:10 AM
Last Post: Cranberry Ray
  Question for those who had MMA Surgery - Feeling Hopeless voiddweller 7 320 10-30-2016 02:56 AM
Last Post: 49er
  MAOI/antidepressant patient feeling worse with CPAP CPAPstruggler 15 1,956 10-05-2016 08:49 AM
Last Post: jbsix
  Numbers Good, Still Feeling Bad, What Would SleepyHead Tell Me? crezman 7 664 09-05-2016 06:16 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  bloated feeling bigcat 3 417 05-25-2016 08:47 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [CPAP] Still feeling bad - What does data show? StillHoping 13 1,212 04-14-2016 02:22 PM
Last Post: StillHoping
  Feeling rested but waking up at 3am dfries 9 1,152 01-31-2016 09:02 PM
Last Post: Mr. Van Winkle