Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

filter material or good filters? Where?
RE: filter material or good filters? Where?
Filters are a place that many many suppliers cust cost and pass along cheaper crap to you. I suspect, especially if they are billing through insurance, that the reimbursement is the same for the manufacturer filter or the ElCheapo brand patented FlimsyFilter for CPAPs! I am trying my darnedest to get away from generic filters and go with the OEMs. Substitutes may be good, may not be good. Who knows? But then again, why chance it?

Most of these substitute filters are listed by the suppliers as Genuine Resmed S-9 filters or genuine Respironics System One filters. Sure enough, they are genuinely filters (so some sort) that goes in the machine described. It is confusing and deceptive. You have to pound it down to the level of looking for words in the filter description like "manufactured by Resmed, made by Respironics (I noted that my last batch of Respironics filters actually had the logo printed on them), or some such. Some suppliers will advertise them as such on the web site, some you have to call and ask. Most do not carry original manufacturer filters. I am guessing margins are more than double on the fake filters.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Try googling B005KR4SOW

I have ordered from Amazon and I have received OEM packaged stuff for my PRS1. I have ordered hypo filters, tubing, P10 masks from this one supplier ( initials of H S M) at Amazon and all came in sealed mfg packaging.

The good thing about Amazon is you can return stuff without any fuss if it's not up to the mark. And suppliers know it and so they keep it honest.

My experience was great. YMMV.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2015, 10:04 AM)AshSF Wrote: I have ordered from Amazon and I have received OEM packaged stuff for my PRS1. I have ordered hypo filters, tubing, P10 masks from this one supplier ( initials of H S M) at Amazon and all came in sealed mfg packaging.

Thanks much for that, Ash. HSM Amazon Store bookmarked!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my 95% pressure stat good or...? Hone 7 150 2 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 6 97 6 hours ago
Last Post: erouting
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 201 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  [Symptoms] Good until 3am, then awake sadness AvocadoSniffer 2 142 04-12-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: AvocadoSniffer
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 10 788 04-03-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad [Pressure] Using BiPap Resmed Aircurve 10, still exhausted, good O2 Levels LordofKings 14 380 04-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: LordofKings
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 136 03-27-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.