Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

finally found a FFM, but can I improve?
finally found a FFM, but can I improve?
            I hope I don't jinx myself, but I am very happy with the F20 full face mask (I am using the memory foam version) So far, it is comfortable and leaks are minimal. With this mask, my AHI's have dropped under 2, but other indicators have changed somewhat dramatically, including resp rate.
In looking at the charts (all for last night), are there any other adjustments I should make. I use a soft cervical collar.
Thanks

PS. Today is my first sleep doctor visit after getting my APAP, and I am going armed with Oscar charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: finally found a FFM, but can I improve?
May be more minimum pressure so your machine does not try to work back down to EPAP of 8.4 but your numbers are good how do you feel.
Post Reply Post Reply
One day does not make a trend. Unless it's changed your therapy feel for the bad, see what tomorrow brings. Hope the mask helps consistently.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
True. See what tomorrow brings and the next day, etc.
Honestly,  I'm a bit sleepy and have been ever since I started CPAP.
Prior to that, I used an oral device, which worked for a number of years, and I felt pretty good most of the time.
Toward the end, it stopped working.
Onward!
Post Reply Post Reply
Went to sleep doctor yesterday, first visit since I started APAP. He said he only worries about AHI. Told me not to worry about flow limitation. See him in 9 months.

I continue to be very happy with my F20 memory foam mask. Leaks are small.

But my resp rate and flow limitations are way up from other masks I have used. The machine seems to go into overdrive when my flow limitations are up, and
that often springs a leak.

I realize this is a balancing act... but should I adjust pressure, min/max? Or EPR. At present I am at EPR 2.

Thank you as always.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
What did your doctor say about your RERAs? your RDI. RDI = AHI + RERAs. The issue with RERAs is that they end with arrousal. We treat RERAs by increasing your EPR, so set EPR = 3. Don't tell your doctor but RERAs are treated the same way Flow Limitations are, by increasing Pressure Support.

Honestly though your numbers are really pretty good and you don't treat numbers, you treat patients. So what are your symptoms, how do you feel? With your numbers you need to mostly put them out of mind and find reasons to make adjustments,. Doctors call those things symptoms.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your input.

Essentially, the doctor said, 'see you in nine months'

I will put EPR to 3 and remind myself this is a marathon, not a sprint.

This morning it was exciting to wake up at 2:30, know the mask was on, and think, 'this feels pretty good.'
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-04-2019, 06:56 AM)renoir Wrote: Thanks for your input.

Essentially, the doctor said, 'see you in nine months'

I will put EPR to 3 and remind myself this is a marathon, not a sprint.

This morning it was exciting to wake up at 2:30, know the mask was on, and think, 'this feels pretty good.'

When I was more obsessed with numbers my wife would ask me if I felt better before I knew the numbers or after I saw them.

There is some merit in assessing how you feel before the machine tells you how you’re supposed to feel.

I went 10 years without any numbers, not that I would embrace that today, but during that time it never occurred to me that things were not going well.  I was just living my life.

I’m better off today having the data so I can get better treatment, but when I finally got a data machine my AHI was just over 5.  I had no clue.

John
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,032 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,286 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 523 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Improve Respiratory Rate? MrIvanDrago 4 344 02-16-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Improve my CPAP Performance dpoelker 4 260 02-06-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 501 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Help interpreting OSCAR results to improve my sleep Provolone 5 539 11-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Provolone

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.