Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

first night using resmed airsense 10
first night using resmed airsense 10
I used the resmed  3 hours in bed last night for the first time.  As soon as I put it on the air was too cold and air was leaking out the front of the mask. I used it anyway although I wasn't crazy about the cold air. In the paper work they gave me with the machine it said that the temperature in the room was too low. They advised me to stick some of the hose under the blankets.  There's no way I can warm up the air coming out?  As far as the leak coming out from the front of the mask, I couldn't figure out what I could do.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: first night using resmed airsense 10
Welcome, You could also get a heated hose. There is a vent on the front of all masks. Itshould not leak around the seal were it touches your face,, It would also help if you download sleepyhead. You would also need to get an sd card foryour machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Larry. Welcome to Apnea Board.

You can adjust the temperature of the humidifier and heated tube - see the Climate Control section of the user manual (It's on P11 of my copy). You can also obtain the clinician's manual to get into some options which your DME may have locked you out of. See how to do that here: https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

The P10 mask has a vent at the front to expel your exhaled air. Most people claim it's unobtrusive but that wasn't my experience. (For the record I am a confirmed P10 skeptic).
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.  We can and will help you.

First question, specifically which machine do you have.  On the front it will sat ResMed AirSense 10 and then say CPAP, Elite CPAP, or AutoSet.  
The mask I suspect you have is the ResMed P10 Pillows, many of us use them here, If that is the case the pillow size that you are using is likely too small.

I do agree with the heated hose (abt $40) is a big help to my comfort.

Mask advice you can find in the Mask Primer (read the links in my signature)

The data contained in the charts from Sleepyhead is a proverbial gold mine.  We can tell what kind of leak you are having along with a ton of other things, down to a breath by breath thru the entire time you are on the CPAP.

Again Welcome aboard, and download Sleepyhead and post your daily charts.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
I suffered with an unheated hose, and experienced the same thing as you describe. It's worth it to get a heated hose. Your DME *should* help you with that. I had to fire my first DME, and find a better DME that cared about me the patient. Alternatively, you could buy one from any of the suppliers (ie: Supplier #1, Supplier #2, etc.) or Amazon.

As far as the air blowing... the advice above is what I'd say too. It's tough for us to know if it's just "normal" pesky exhaust out the vent, or if the mask is leaking and needs a better seal. Some of the fine folks here can tell by looking at a screenshot of a night's sleep (on SleepyHead) what's going on, and can help you resolve the issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure if it's a P10 or F20 mask?? Please update your information on which mask your using. If your using a DME they should have fitted you for the mask and gone over how the machine works. I suspect it's the vent your feeling the air come from also. It's a normal function of the mask to expel CO2 from the mask.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
My machine is Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. The headgear is Resmed but the mask itself says Airfit  n20 medium.  The sticker on the machine says Verus Healthcare for service and supplies. Would they be the people I call for new parts? Also, are you saying there's no way to heat the air in the hose?  The humidifier won't heat the air?  On the myAir site it said I had very little leakage. I stopped using the machine after about 3 hours because I was concerned about breathing in the cold air. I now know that the air coming out the front was the way the machine works and the mask fit well. The only problem is the cool air I'm breathing in. With the weather warming up will solve that problem.
Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
You need a heated hose and I'd either try and get one from your supplier or buy one online from amazon. They also make covers for unheated hoses but a heated hose can warm up the air better. The humidifier only heats the water which can condense again in the hose without a hose cover or a heated hose.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for everyone's help. I live in Massachusetts so the weather will be warming up and the cold air hose problem should gone. Again, thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
you should change your Profile.  Go to the UserCP in the upper right on the screen say ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet for machine and ResMed AirFit N10 for mask.

Now that I know that you are using a nasal mask (N10), I'll suggest a ResMed P10 Pillow mask.  Most people do better with a larger pillow mask than they are originally fitted with, so start with a Large Pillow and work down if necessary.   They come with Large, Medium, and Small pillows though many DME will only give you 1 set of pillows.

This mask is very, very gentle on the air that it vents and is the mask of choice for many of us here.  Do you wear glasses?  If so you will be able to wear them with this mask.

I seems the "Verus Healthcare" is your DME and is your first avenue. not your only one, to get repairs and supplies.

On the 3 hours of use, Use the machine while awake, reading or watching TV or some other pleasurable activity just to get used to the system.  Try progressively longer periods as time goes by.  You have never tried to sleep while connected to a mask, hose and CPAP machine, it is not uncommon to have issues adjusting.

Remember, we have been thru it before, we will and can help you along the way.

Fred

PS

I still highly recommend that you post your daily charts, it can help us identify a number of issues you may be having and then we can guide you to correct them.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 1 37 51 minutes ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,432 6 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 131 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,979 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 134 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 68,152 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 27,609 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.