Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

first night using resmed airsense 10
RE: first night using resmed airsense 10
Larry, you can use warm tap water in your humidifier, and it will significantly warm the air you get. It might help to start, but most would find it gives too much humidity. A fleece hose cover also helps, as well as a heated hose. My guess is you have some leaks in the mask, and that is why you feel cold air, but you can do all the above things to make it warmer.

I agree with bonjour, that if you're using a nasal interface, get the P10. Much quieter and more comfortable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info. I just got my machine last Friday so I would hope there are no leaks in the hose. I don't hear very well so the machine doesn't bother me. Question. Ever since I got the machine last week I've only gotten one bar on the pyramid. Monday night's data was on the MYAIR site. I checked this morning and it said it hadn't got the data from last night yet. Obviously I will only use it next to my bed, so if the signal is always weak there what happens?  thanks

I thought only distilled water could be used?
Post Reply Post Reply
People report that a low signal indication hasn't seemed to have stopped uploading of their nightly data.  MyAir results won't be available for at least an hour after you stop using the machine.  At least, that's the way it has worked for me reliably.

You do not need to use distilled water if...IF...you are scrupulous about rinsing the reservoir each day and refilling with 'fresh' tap water.  The problem with tap or other sources is that higher concentrations of minerals get even more concentrated as the volume of water falls in the reservoir with hours of use.  The minerals stay in the remaining water, so their concentration goes up to the saturation point.  You allow that often enough, for enough hours, you start to get deposits of minerals or crazing of the plastic, or staining.  So, you MUST flush the remaining water out each morning and start with a fresh batch of water...whether from the tap or not is really immaterial, provided you do keep that tank rinsed...each day.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 391 16 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,724 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,600 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,768 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,176 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.