Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

first stats thursday nite
RE: first stats thursday nite
Jxy, CA refers to clear-airway apenea or central apnea. They are defined in the forum Wiki, but basically it is a cessation of breathing without obstruction. Your machine uses oscillating pressure pulses to determine if the airway is obstructed or open. A CA is recorded when respiratory flow is below a certain threshold, and the machine determines an open airway. This is frequently caused by pressure being too high, or excessive differences between inhalation and exhalation pressures (IPAP/EPAP).

In your case, we observe that obstructive apnea (OA), is considerably less that CA. Since you are on fixed pressure, we might lower the pressure setting a bit until CA is reduced, or OA increases unacceptably. In an Auto CPAP machine, we might lower the minimum pressure a bit, but the machine would automatically increase when obstruction is detected. You are only using an Exhale Pressure Relief (EPR) of 1 cm pressure, and it probably does not play much of a role in your CA events. Some people are sensitive to EPR and require it be at a low level (1 or off), and this will clear up CA. EPR tends to be trial and error, so use what is comfortable and works best. In general, we reduce pressure until we see OA rising, then we go back to the last good pressure. For you, it would make sense to try a pressure of 13.0 for a while.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will change Pressure to 13 and EPR to 0

After a week i will post the data. I am becoming comfortable with the
full mask. Lost more weight. My pants fell off. Not kidding LOL.

My energy level is improving too.

thanks so much. If you need specific stats i will post them.
I will study too. If you have links i should read please post.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lowered pressure and epr. stats look real good. any ideal ca or oa nbrs

tempted to to try 12.5 pressure but do not know yet

nbrs atteched
Post Reply Post Reply
Pull your pants up! Things look great. Once again this small reduction in pressure has improved your results by over 50%. OA is still less than 1 and CA is just over 1, so it's essentially equal. You may have found your spot. You can try 0.5 lower, and judge whether to return or not based on results. Good job!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job jxyzobrien! Especially the weight loss. Smile

You could try the .5 decrease in pressure and just watch that the OA's don't increase.

Sometimes it's a trade off between putting up with a few CA's and OA's and sleeping/feeling better.

I always go with sleeping/feeling better.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Full Mask adjustments questions.

I washed my full mask a few weeks ago and had to tighten the mask the next day since it did not feel right. But the adjustments worked. Last night the full mask felt off a bit and sure enough the numbers were really bad. So i will tighten a bit tonight. Any suggestions, thoughts or guidelines. Thanks again

Any suggestions on mask adjustments.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mask adjustment worked. Numbers back to normal.

Post Reply Post Reply
Everything improving but machine not magical
I have had some 6hr and last night 7 hours of sleep (ahi 4) lately.
When i am very tired i sleep well. I am starting to feel better.

Lost 2 more lbs (228 now 34lbs).

I will begin juicing this week. So not just depending on the machine to clear
up issues. I am still like 48 pounds too heavy. I really believe the weight caused my problems.

Having healthcare changed everything. Now having it taken away
very soon is a major problem i will have to confront. Americans without
healthcare are not numbers they are really people.

Had to change insurance so i don't know if that will screw things up.
When you hear someone say the 20 million who will lose their healthcare
don't matter remember. I am one of them.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sweet spot
my ahi < 3 and all other numbers decent too.

Still losing weightlike

Too-funnyShy

starting to get more energy

I notice when i did not use machine (was sick) i felt a lot different
getting more energy now. still stuck in 4-5 hour arousal

I actually hit 7 hours with good nbrs in maryland
shed 36 pounds so far.

juicing soon to accelerate weight loss. fell and sprained wrist doing ok, now working on other body parts sleep under control

Again many thanks to board DO NOT GIVE UP IF YOU I CAN DO YOU CAN
TOO
Post Reply Post Reply
Well done! It sounds like you are well on the path to feeling better.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 370 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 348 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [CPAP] Oura Ring Sleep Stats with CPAP FooMan 2 1,153 01-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chask
  OSCAR - computing stats for subsection of night confinedmind 6 417 01-07-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,516 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  oscar stats-need help teamarliss 2 396 12-07-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: teamarliss
  Wisp stats mousetrap 6 3,555 09-08-2023, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.