Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

fixing open mouth
RE: fixing open mouth
WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE STICKY LIP OINTMENT?

(04-30-2016, 01:06 PM)nanderson Wrote: I found that using a sticky lip ointment helped me keep my mouth "glued" shut - and you wake up with soft lips :-). It helps me tremendously as I use the nasal pillow. The nights I ran out of the lip stuff, I woke up with dry mouth and feeling sick all morning. When I use the lip ointment, I wake up with a fully moist mouth.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2016, 10:42 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: Once you get a reasonably long sleep session, post your Sleepyhead graph for us to see. You can be sure that your AHI readings are not accurate if your leak level is as high as you say since 24 L/Min. is the accepted top limit.

If we find that your AHI's are indeed 50 and your pressure is hitting 20 cm H2O, then you may need to get a different kind of machine.

Dude

The saga continues. I get reasonable sleep with nasal pillows, but the leakage is high enough that AHI results are suspect. I've now tried two FF masks (Resmed Airfit F10, and Respironics Amara View). The Resmed one had low leakage and an AHI of 24 for the night (a peak of 48). The Respironics was leaky and uncomfortable.
Since the sleep study showed an AHI of 31 base and "some improvement" with CPAP Titration, I'm getting discouraged with CPAP.

You indicated I could upload the Sleepyhead graphs. What graphs do you want and how do I upload them?
Post Reply Post Reply
Follow this link for instructions for posting a screenshot of your graphs that SleepyHead displays.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Screenshot

However, since you had an AHI of 24 with an acceptable leak rate and a top set pressure of 20 cm H2O, you should report this back to your doctor for further guidance. It could be that you will need a different type of machine.

Dude

ps. If/when you do want to post a screenshot, start a new thread to post in so you will get full attention. You are sort of hidden in this thread since it was for another topic.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 39 Yesterday, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 383 03-27-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 318 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 162 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 241 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 865 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,081 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.