Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

fixing your clock
RE: fixing your clock
(06-11-2021, 01:53 PM)cathyf Wrote: My husband is a physicist who studies cosmic ray production in lightning. His detectors collect data for weather, measure radiation, etc. All outside in the weather! He uses GPS chips for the clock. They are very low power and accurate.

The https://time.is is synchronized to the atomic clock in Colorado, and is certainly good to the second.

Yes, that's all true. But I don't think that that level of accuracy is used in the communication to cell phones.

I think cell phones are only accurate to the nearest minute. I could be wrong.

Edit. Oops! I just checked my cell phone against my watch (which receives signals from the atomic clock in Colorado) and it is indeed accurate to the nearest second. Somehow I got something mixed up!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fascinating thread.

Came upon it trying to find info on watches.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2021, 10:09 AM)cathyf Wrote: I'm a girl scout leader, and our troop meets in a church hall. There is a giant quite decorative analog clock on the wall. The girls keep asking me what time it is! And when I say something like "it's a quarter to four" they say "c'mon what's the time?"

(They can't read cursive, either.)

I do American history living history programs were we have camp fires..  People ask all the time is that a real fire..  I say nope its a replica we use as to look like a real fire.  Dielaughing

Better yet tell them it is 1545..

Sounds like the GSA need a badge called PreFacebook.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
My Google thingy doesn't have any idea what "Set an alarm for a quarter to six" - gets it totally wrong..
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can understand that. Why would anyone want to get up that early? Smile For me, I love to get up at the crack of noon.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's quarter to six so I don't miss the dinner time news...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I build schools for a school board. We still provide analog clocks in all classrooms. we have 265 schools; second biggest board in Canada.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2021, 08:29 AM)DaveL Wrote: I build schools for a school board. We still provide analog clocks in all classrooms.  we have 265 schools; second biggest board in Canada.

But can the students read them..  We put up stop signs all over an people just run through them mostly because they were posting on Facebook.

I think we derailed this thread..sorry
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
My concern: finding out what is disturbing my sleep.

I've talked to cathyf who has been very helpful.
I've ordered a fitbit comfort 4. It's an exercise band. I would like to look at it's sleep studies and such and understand better what is happening when I'm supposed to be sleeping.

(factor--yes they can read them. We have 150,000 students. No digital clocks in classrooms.)
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Best pointers I have to fix the PAP clock:

1. Set it to one timezone
  2. Never adjust for daylight saving time
  3. Never hit the PAP snooze bar/power button combo too hard
  4. Set it once and never ever touch it again
  5. Do bother to sync it with your coffeemaker Auto Start

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 208 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 1,007 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 156 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  Syncing Airsense 10 clock IAXEM 0 148 03-06-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Fixing Flow Limits esleepie 11 566 02-24-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Fixing AirSense10 Air Noise BNB1023 6 2,311 11-01-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] AirSense 11 clock sync? rpierce 4 628 08-25-2023, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Millstone50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.