Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

flashAir wireless card
flashAir wireless card
to use sleepmaster and flash pap how do you keep the power on the card with resmed aircurve 10 so that the wireless function works on the card at all times? i have read the instructions and do not know how you get this to work
RE: flashAir wireless card
You need to have a FlashAir SD card or equivalent that has wireless.

The machine will provide the power for the card. All machines with SD cards need to provide power to the SD card in order for it to function (store data on for example). FlashAir uses this to power its wireless circuit.

On occasion, you may have to pop the card out and reinsert it to 'reset' the wireless function.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Some threads on it:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t=flashair

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rd-utility

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...a-transfer

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

(12-04-2015, 02:57 PM)AlanE Wrote: You need to have a FlashAir SD card or equivalent that has wireless.

The machine will provide the power for the card. All machines with SD cards need to provide power to the SD card in order for it to function (store data on for example). FlashAir uses this to power its wireless circuit.

On occasion, you may have to pop the card out and reinsert it to 'reset' the wireless function.

okay you got what i am asking for in the second part of your advice
(On occasion, you may have to pop the card out and reinsert it to 'reset' the wireless function.)
so that defeats the purpose of wearing out your machine by taking it out all the time i bought this card so this would not happen RRRRRR!
[/quote]
I just want everybody to know that using Sleepmaster and Flashpap with the wireless card that they recommend, that you still have to pop the card out and in in order for these programs to work and as far as that goes in order for even the FlashAir card to function correctly because Resmed turns the card reader off unless you manually pop the card out and back in. For this reason of trying to save your machine from wearing out it defeats the purpose and even when you do get the card to work it takes a very very long time to transfer the data! i was able to send my card back to amazon free of charge lucky!!!
That's not factually correct. I said "on occasion" not "every day." I can go weeks without having to cycle my card. That certainly saves the wear and tear from a regular SD card where you would have to remove it every day AND place the card into your card reader on your computer.

Regular card - Out of your machine, in to your computer / out of your computer, in to your machine.
FlashAir - Cycle once only when it is inaccessible. Maybe 1 time a week if that.

You do the math.

As far as transferring the data, it takes less than 30 seconds on my network and most of that time is loading the program.

If you don't care to use it, that's fine. Your situation is not the norm. Perhaps something else is wrong with your setup.

(12-04-2015, 06:05 PM)AlanE Wrote: That's not factually correct. I said "on occasion" not "every day." I can go weeks without having to cycle my card. That certainly saves the wear and tear from a regular SD card where you would have to remove it every day AND place the card into your card reader on your computer.

Regular card - Out of your machine, in to your computer / out of your computer, in to your machine.
FlashAir - Cycle once only when it is inaccessible. Maybe 1 time a week if that.

You do the math.

As far as transferring the data, it takes less than 30 seconds on my network and most of that time is loading the program.

If you don't care to use it, that's fine. Your situation is not the norm. Perhaps something else is wrong with your setup.
i did not post this to argue with you i am stating a fact flashAir cards do not even work alone with there own software in a resmed aircurve 10 without having to pop out the card and pop it in to activate power to the card reader for the card to work. it may work with airsence but not aircurve WOW your rude!!!
(12-04-2015, 06:36 PM)notsleep Wrote: i did not post this to argue with you i am stating a fact flashAir cards do not even work alone with there own software in a resmed aircurve 10 without having to pop out the card and pop it in to activate power to the card reader for the card to work. it may work with airsence but not aircurve WOW your rude!!!

I'm not being rude. You did not state the problem to be specifically with the AirCurve. There are plenty of people using FlashAir in an AirCurve without the issues you are describing. Perhaps you need to check your FlashAir setup. Even if your setup was correct, you could have a defective FlashAir card. If you would like us to assist in possibly diagnosing a problem with your FlashAir, please post your config file.

(12-04-2015, 04:03 PM)notsleep Wrote: I just want everybody to know that using Sleepmaster and Flashpap with the wireless card that they recommend, that you still have to pop the card out and in in order for these programs to work and as far as that goes in order for even the FlashAir card to function correctly because Resmed turns the card reader off unless you manually pop the card out and back in.

(12-04-2015, 04:03 PM)notsleep Wrote: ... Resmed turns the card reader off unless you manually pop the card out and back in.

If ResMed turned off power to the SD card until one "manually pop the card out and back in" then how does the machine manage to record data to the card every time you use it? Are you having to pop the card out/in before you use your machine? If so, the machine is defective and should be replaced.

notsleep, I'm closing this thread for now as your original question has been answered. If you are still having problems feel free to start another thread.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 741 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,694 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 95,555 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 683 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 597 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 827 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 512 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.