Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

flat topped flow rate
RE: flat topped flow rate
Hodgebot:
Please start your own thread and post your daily charts from OSCAR. Let's see what is going on.

Too bad we didn't get a chance to do this before your new doctor's appt.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: flat topped flow rate
Hodgebot, 
I reads through this post with interest then I realized that I started it.

I do feel that my treatment with bipap has helped me. With autopap and a PS of 3 my breathing felt rushed. On my bipap it is at 4.2 and I feel more comfortable.
With my current settings I believe that both my minute and tidal volume are higher and my respiratory rate is lower. I always felt that my respiratory rate was high in comparison to my awake rate.

One thing that did help is going to a new doctor in a different healthcare system. My old doctor who treated both my COPD and sleep apnea has been on medical leave for 6 months. He would tell me that I have COPD, live with it.

My new doctor changed my treatment. My lungs were so congested that my inhalers weren't working. She has put me on a nebulizer 3 times a day and I feel vastly better. I believe that my lungs are more open and that has helped my sleeping.

Also, I feel sometimes we look at the figures too often. I used to look at it daily but that stopped because of a challenging year with my health. In 1 year I had a knee replacement, major foot surgery and my hand was amputated and reattached. Don't feel sorry for me. I am doing rather well. The point is that I can get obsessive by the daily figures. I needed to back off and take a wider view.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 9 322 1 hour ago
Last Post: earnerd
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 0 71 04-16-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 288 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Is This Flow Limitation Cause for Concern? bertchintus 4 266 04-15-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 352 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 13 682 04-14-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.